[SOLVED] remote path mapping between rasPI and Windows

Sonarr version (2.0.0.4866):
So here is my setup:
I have Deluge running on my rasPi with Ubuntu MATE os.
I have my windows 8,1 64bit computer running Sonarr (and radarr).
I have shared my folder from windows and have set it to auto mount on the rasPi.
so in deluge (on raspi) it downloads directly to:
/home/user/Pegasus/Active/
then moves it to
/home/user/Pegasus/Completed/tv-sonarr/
(note that this is downloading directly to a hard drive on my windows computer if that wasn’t clear and just moving it to another folder on the windows computer)

so how do I set this up correctly so sonarr realizes that this “remote” path that it thinks doesn’t exsist is indeed a local path?

so under host do I put local host?
then what should I put as remote path? is that what deluge sees?
/home/user/Pegasus/Completed/tv-sonarr/
??
with local path being:
M:\Torrents\Completed\tv-sonarr\

because its the M:\Torrents\ folder thats shared to the rasPi
which is mounted as /home/user/Pegasus/

I did look at other topics on here but other issues weren’t as specific as mine so it didn’t help.
I’m sure there is a simple solution.
and please don’t say just run sonarr on the raspi, i’ve heard mixed things and a few people have voiced that the windows version is better so I want to stick with that.
I know the drone factory setting is dead, on radarr its still alive and that is able to just scan the local folder then add the file with no issue, but that doesn’t help with sonarr.
thanks

What path is Deluge reporting to Sonarr?
Have you read the help text next to each input when setting up a remote path mapping? Hint: host will almost never be localhost (unless you have a very specific setup, which you do not have here).

Deluge is reporting to Sonarr it’s “local” path of /home/user/Pegasus/Completed/tv-sonarr/
[because I have \PEGASUS\Torrents shared from windows and mounted to the rasPi as /home/user/Pegasus]
aka ~/Pegasus = ~/Torrents

so I did read all the help text. let me walk you though my understanding now that I’ve searched some more.

Host:
the host I specified for the remote download client.
I assume this means the ip address of my RasPi where deluge is running from?
remote path:
root path to the download directory the download client accesses.
so it’s “remote” because it’s not on the same computer as sonar? but “local” to deluge, so it’s the path of my mounted windows share folder which on the rasPi is:
/home/user/Pegasus/Completed/tv-sonarr

local path:
path sonarr should use to access the same directory remotely.
so the original path:
M:\Torrents\Completed\tv-sonarr\

editing a post a few seconds old
but I guess walking it through it reply to you, my “understanding” is now correct and what I just typed up worked like a charm. so it’s solved. haha and I’m glad you sparked my brain to grasp this better. I’ve had nothing but nightmares getting this raspi working, but I’ve figured everything out so far, and now this to! thanks!

Or hostname, it need to match the Host filed in Sonarr’s deluge settings`.

Glad to hear you’ve got it working.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.