[SOLVED - Cookie from Ombi] Authentication Loop - Username & Password Don't Work

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4753
Mono version: Stable 5.0.1.1
((Debug logs)): Nothing particularly useful that I could find in the logs, even with trace logging enabled: https://pastebin.com/vaBE102X

Without changing any other configuration, overnight, sonarr has decided to longer accept my form authentication username/password. Even when I manually open the config.xml to authentication:none, clear my browser cookies and restart the sonarr service, sonarr STILL directs me to a form login page that my username/password do not work on.

I have to shutdown the entire Linux container and reboot it. Only then will sonarr recognize the authentication:none parameter in the config.xml file. Once I can get back in to sonarr, I tried resetting the username/password and accessing it from different browsers, clearing browser caches/cookies, the whole nine yards… still the same issue.

I had a similar issue a year ago when I was running sonarr on Windows, but that turned out to be a simple browser issue. I’ve tested this with multiple browsers and already reset the username/password when i logged in without authentication. Still no dice.

I’m at a complete loss how something like this could happen literally overnight.

A separate application added a basic auth requirement for my entire domain in my nginx sites-enabled config file. Not sure how that would have affected direct LAN authentication, but it now works as intended across LAN and external domain.

A basic auth pop-up never occurred with sonarr, however, I just happened to stumble across it elsewhere and thought to check the sites-enabled file.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I let sonarr sit overnight again, and now it won’t let me back in again, locally or from my external domain w/ reverse proxy.

I really, really don’t get this. Radarr has the exact same web configuration (w/ different local ip and port), and it works fine.

Are you using Ombi?

BINGO!!

After reading through, that would explain my experience perfectly, thank you! I’ll suspend Ombi for now–it’s been crashing daily anyways.

Having the same issue. Both are up to date. How do I delete the _ncfa cookie?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.