Slow scanning when torrent is not in folder

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.7.1479
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.122
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/f3ixQc7q
Description of issue:

For shows that are releasing currently, individual episodes are downloaded and thats fine. However, when a season is done, my tracker currently deletes all the individual episodes and packs them into a season pack. I would like to easily be able to use the new torrent for seeding. The problem is the new torrent usually comes with a top-level folder, meaning I would have to individually create folders for each show that I would upload.

I am using qbit, so a solution to this is to enable the option to disregard the first directory of the torrent, which works okay. The problem now is, that if Sonarr cannot guess a torrents show from its name, I need to manually import it. This is no big deal, but since there is now top-level folder, Sonarr scans through all files in the folder, most of which have already been imported. This is somewhat slow and confusing, so I was wondering if there were any clever heads among those reading this, that might have a solution to this where:

• Individual episodes can be downloaded
  • When season packs are released, I can just recheck them all to the same base location
  • Doing a manual import on a torrent in the folder only considers the files in the actual torrent.

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

This is not a Sonarr issue really.

Just download the season pack and then use jdupes to deduplicate/ hardlink

also doable with adding season pack to preferred words so it’d be grabbed as well https://trash-guides.info/Sonarr/Sonarr-Release-Profile-RegEx/#optional-prefer-season-packs

While that is certainly an option, my problem recides more in the fact that Sonarr scans a torrents location instead of only the files in the torrent. This is also problematic in Radarr, where movies usually don’t have a their own top folder so it takes a very long time to scan on my machine. Is there any way to force Sonarr to only scan the files of a torrent instead of the whole folder it recides in?

No.

Sonarr also uses the path reported from the torrent client.

May be wrong but pretty sure for a single file download it’s not looking at the entire torrent folder - would want to see trace logs of that occurring.

For manual import - It is intentionally recursive - that will not be changed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.