Skyhook returning stale data for >24h

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.784
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.4.0.198
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I’ve been refreshing a show for the last 24 hours, but it’s still not picking up episodes that were added ~36 hours ago. I’ve confirmed that requests to the TVDB API show the new episodes, but http://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/361721 is still returning stale data without the new episodes. Sonarr/Skyhook only go up till episode 40.

Tvdb has a CDN that caches stuff for up to 24h. It’s a known issue on their end.

Right, that’s why I waited >24h to post and verified that the TVDB API is responding with the new episodes (and has been for ~16 hours)

Their CDN has various server distributed all over the world, you’re not hitting the same CDN server so not the same cached version. They don’t do CDN cache invalidation, so even if their backend server cache expires it still takes a varying amount of time for their CDN to be refreshed worldwide.
Past experience puts the delay around 24h, but that depends on the timing of their backend server and CDN cache.

Looking at the timestamps, I’d guess it’s probably 10-70 minutes out for the update to appear on the skyhook url.

Last timestamp tvdb reported to skyhook: 2020-05-11 04:02:45Z
Last timestamp tvdb api from my perspective: 2020-05-11 17:58:56Z
Last time skyhook checked if tvdb timestamp was updated: 2020-05-12 19:38:02Z (it wasn’t)

Invariably when ppl make posts regarding the cache, it either already refreshed by the time I read it. Or it soon refreshes.
At least till 1 hour ago, tvdb CDN contained stale data.

Please check again in 1-2h.

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue with The Rachel Maddow Show for more than 24 hours now. I’m not sure how to check the timestamps in Skyhook, but I can say for sure I was checking this around 8-9 AM EST yesterday and it’s still getting the same data.

Yesterday morning season 2020 had episodes listed on TVDB up to May 15, it’s been updated since through to the end of June.

http://skyhook.sonarr.tv/v1/tvdb/shows/en/181561

I’m definitely getting updates as I’ve seen another show update episode titles from TBD.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.