Single episode keeps downloading repeatedly

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.4.1042
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
Debug logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lnENDc3VzCoaRUsLTvhvDG13LM7RhhOF/view?usp=sharing
Description of issue: I have a show that keeps downloading a particular episode. The show is “His Dark Materials”. It is Season 2, Episode 3 (S02E03). It has now downloaded at least 10 times. I have tried everything including removing the entire show from Sonarr. I did end up adding it back, but it didn’t fix the matter. What’s even more annoying is I have the show set to strictly download only in 2160p using the “Ultra HD” profile. It keeps downloading the 1080p version. I went into profiles and setup a “tag” where if the file/upload contains “1080” in it, it is to be rejected but it STILL downloads 1080p versions! The show is now done airing and I have the whole season, but for some reason it will not stop downloading episode 3. Please someone help me understand what is happening and how I stop this behavior.

I don’t see any instances of that episode being grabbed by Sonarr in the logs, I do see an import, but given there isn’t already a file for that episode Sonarr will import it, even though it’s not wanted in the profile (it’ll just upgrade it later).

Please post a screenshot of the episode history for that particular episode and if it’s grabbed again the debug logs showing the grab.

Sorry, grabbed the wrong log file. Here is a new one. I tracked down time and found log within that time frame and it does show the episode in this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgvUHjWxtt7eBAJhd143r2yc9UTFZHRf/view?usp=sharing

Here is screenshot of “activity” section in Sonarr:

Marcus meant if you open the details panel of that particular episode, go to the history tab in there and take a screenshot :slight_smile:

@Thirrian - Thanks! My first time posting in this forum. I’m sure I’m doing terrible :grimacing:

Here is new screenshot. It only shows one for some reason, but it is the recent one:

However, it has grabbed more often. I have Sonarr setup with “Settings > Connect > Email”, then I use a trick my Gmail account that sends a text from an email alert to my phone. Here is some history from that:

I was recently on Sonarr v2, switched to V3, back to v2 because of issues, then back to v3 when I realized issues still there so I might as well stay on latest. I wonder of the switching back and forth altered the history. I know these ‘text’ screenshots are not the most helpful for diagnostics, but just wanted show so that it’s understood I really have had this one episode downloaded multiple times at this point. I just want it to stop downloading. I can provide anything else anyone needs to help, so feel free to request anything you need. Appreciate the help and Happy New Year!

It’s because you removed the series and all the history with it. That’s also only an import, not a grab, unless it was grabbed before the history was deleted Sonarr didn’t grab that release.

Those are only imports, not grabs, if you only have imports sending notifications that explains it, but otherwise the answer is Sonarr is not grabbing them.

Once your upgraded to v3 the DB was no longer compatible with v2, it could explain some gaps in history, but I think that’s because the series was removed, not because of changing versions.

At this point there is nothing that explicitly has Sonarr grabbing releases, but it was importing them, unless this happens again I don’t think there is anything we can investigate further, but make sure that something else (Sonarr v2, sickbeard, etc) isn’t grabbing releases and Sonarr is importing those, wouldn’t be the first time that we’ve seen that.

(sorry, I cannot figure out “quotes” in this chat for the life of me)

Those are only imports, not grabs, if you only have imports sending notifications that explains it, but otherwise the answer is Sonarr is not grabbing them.

Correct, I only tell Sonarr to alert on “grabs” and uncheck all else.

At this point there is nothing that explicitly has Sonarr grabbing releases, but it was importing them, unless this happens again I don’t think there is anything we can investigate further, but make sure that something else (Sonarr v2, sickbeard, etc) isn’t grabbing releases and Sonarr is importing those, wouldn’t be the first time that we’ve seen that.

I have never done anything with Sickbeard. I have heard of it, but do not use it whatsoever. Other than Sonarr, I have Radarr. I scoured the PC hosting Sonarr and only have v3 showing. I know it’s not Radarr doing it as it only scrapes for Movies, so it’s definitely Sonarr. It’s been a couple of days and have not seen that episode grabbed again. Perhaps removing/re-adding show helped? I’ll see if it happens again. Thank you for the info/help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.