Setup Complete Download Handling With Synology and Remote Torrent

Version: 2.0.0.4855
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):4.6.2
((Debug logs)):More help then support
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:
Hi,
So with Drone Factory Being Deprecated I would like to be able to use Download Handling.
But I dont get How to set it up.
The Senarios I get is if Sonarr, the Torrent Software and the data are on the same machine,
or If Sonarr is on a Machine and The Torrent software and the Data or on another machine.
But In My Case, and Im sure its the case for other people with Synology,
I have Sonarr on the Syno Nas, That Data is there Localy, and I have utorrent on a Remote VM.
Utorrent puts the Data on A remote NFS Share that is on the Syno.
Nothing stays local, Incomming Torrent, finished torrents, everything is always on the Syno.

So can Somebody please tell me how to set up the complete download handling with that config.

Im using remote Path but its not working since there is nothing to be shared on the remote machine.
Thanks for the Help

Sonarr doesn’t make a connection to a remote machine with a Remote Path Mapping (so there doesn’t need to be a remote share), it’s used to translate a path from the Download client (the remote path) to a path Sonarr can access (the local path).

Since uTorrent on a remote VM would be using a path Sonarr can’t access as-is you need to tell Sonarr how to access those same files using a path it can access.

To elaborate: Remote Path Mapping will be like this in your case:
Host = the host you filled in in Settings->Download Client->uTorrent->Host
Remote Path = The path to the NFS Share that uTorrent uses.
Local Path = Where the NFS Share points to on your synology.

I did that at First it did’nt seems to work.
Ill still let it run for some time.
Ill enable to logs to see if there is something i can find.
Thanks for the help

Ok Its Working
Host = Localhost
Remote Path = The path to the NFS Share that uTorrent uses.
Local Path = Where the NFS Share points to on your synology.

Just seems that this methode is not as good for anime as drone factory.
But besides that all is fine

How so? The underlying process is almost the exact same.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.