Search not working in V2.0.0.5163

Below is copied from the (closed) issue on GitHub: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/2574

Bug Report

System Information/Logs

Sonarr Version: 2.0.0.5163
Operating System: Debian Stretch
.net Framework (Windows) or mono (macOS/Linux) Version: mono V4.6.2.7
Link to Log Files (debug or trace): https://pastebin.com/uFFmKzzn (debug)
Browser (for UI bugs): empty result | indexers

Additional Information

I did a fresh install and some indexers that used to work now only work with RSS and search turns up empty:

• Nyaa (new site)
  • HorribleSubs
  • rarbg

So I added Jackett to see if that solves the problem, added 7 indexers with search support, tested manual search in jacket that is ok. Then I added jacket to sonar, again only RSS works, manual searches turn up with “no results”. Am I missing anything?
If you check the logs, near the end I do an auto/manual search for a popular episode that has a lot of results in jacket, the request is OK but still returns 0 results…
I didn’t mess with quality settings and they are present in jackett results, also the categories should be ok.

So I got the following reply on GitHub:

I do an auto/manual search for a popular episode that has a lot of results in jacket, the request is OK but still returns 0 results…

Sonarr made the request properly, why didn’t Jackett return the results?

If I manually use jackett through site OR API it works fine, so I don’t know why sonar’s request wouldn’t work

http://orangepiprime:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/all/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040,2000,5000,100080,100148,100071,100075,100006,100041,100152&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=1000&q=Sword%20Art%20Online%20Alternative%20Gun%20Gale%20Online&season=1&ep=1

That’s a lot of odd categories, perhaps that’s tripping up Jackett.
Instead of using the aggregate /all indexer in Sonarr try adding each one and adding the ones Soanrr supports (rarbg) directly. The aggregate indexer does not do RSS paging properly so any gaps in the RSS feed won’t be filled in (assuming the indexers support paging).
If you’re still having issues, open a thread on the forums for support.

I added those categories in an effort to solve the problem myself, I am a developer and I won’t ask for help unless I really need it, it doesn’t work with the defaults either…

I tried adding them manually and I tried rarbg in sonar too neither work

So I have no clue what is going on, i’d check the source myself but I just lack the time, the weird thing is I contacted another person who has the same issue and according to him things only broke since the last version.

Is it only anime failing to get results?

You’re mentioning a couple anime indexers and Sword Art Online, which is anime, but the series type is set to Standard, not Anime. The request made to Jackett has season=1&ep=1 in the URL, but shouldn’t.

Is it only anime failing to get results?

I have a few non-anime series in there too, they don’t work either, I just chose this as example because its so popular it has a bunch of torrents on almost every site.

You’re mentioning a couple anime indexers and Sword Art Online, which is anime, but the series type is set to Standard, not Anime. The request made to Jackett has season=1&ep=1 in the URL, but shouldn’t.

The season=1&ep=1 is most likely due to the fact that I chose the first episode of the first season for the search… Now you keep talking about jackett, and it might very well be I didn’t set that up correctly but I only did that after trying the builtin indexers which don’t work either for search, a friend of mine who never used jackett has the same issue, he only uses standard settings and sonarr indexers…

I personally find it weird that RSS works perfectly but only search doesn’t… If you can give me a search indexer/series combination that should work out of the box I can try that, maybe that will help find the issue?

Thank you for your help thus far!

For anime Sonarr will never search by season and episode number, so the series type must be wrong.

What do you get if you fix the series type?
Have you added Anime categories?
Post the debug logs of a search for a standard series as well.

For anime Sonarr will never search by season and episode number, so the series type must be wrong.

You are right the series type for that anime was wrong, didn’t explain why Navy Seals didn’t work tho (TV show)

I had added anime categories, I even added some weird ones (the 100 ones) that are recognised in jackett but not default in sonar

Anyways, I got it fixed, weirdly enough…
I restarted the pi, restarted services several times, readded the indexers, (basically redone the whole config), added even more indexers, restarted some more, and suddenly the jackett connection worked!!! (I honestly would tell you what fixed it but I have no clue at all :smiley: )

The only downside is that only the jackett search works now, if I remove the jackett indexer wich leaves nyaa, horriblesubs and rarbg search still doesn’t work (rss does), so I kinda rely on jackett now to keep working but I might very well be that its my pi in some weird way that breaks the indexers!

So for me this issue is resolved to a point where it is workable, I might at some point look further into the normal indexers but I currently lack time.

Thank you for your help @markus101!

Not strictly related but I added

http://local host:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/all/results/torznab/

as my only indexer and I have every free tracker added.

I use the categories, 5000,5030,5040,5050,5060,5070,5080,7000,7010

Which is everything tv plus other + misc from the manual search refinement in Jackett. Ive seen the 100000 ones in tracker Configs but it seemed to work without.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.