Scene Naming (TVDB Naming Conflicts)

Awesome, thanks! Had a pending post process in the queue and it automatically processed now! Thanks again.

I added Nashville, but the comment was “added months ago”.

The only previous Nashville I can find in that Google Doc has the comment “not a naming issue”.

Searches still aren’t picking it up. Is there some debug info I can provide to help narrow down the problem?

Thanks!

@enkoopa Tnx for posting here, markus checked and it’s already in the db, it’s just so long ago that it isn’t on the sheet anymore.
Btw. You should be able to see the tag ‘Nashville’ in the series details page, under the series description. the aliases are displayed there as badges with a gray background.

I’m assuming the results you talked about don’t show up in Manual Search.
What might be the case is that althub doesn’t properly associate the Nashville (without year) results with the right tvrageid. (Sonarr asks the indexer to give all results for that tvrageid.) If that’s the case you’ll have to ask althub to fix the association. You might be able to see the tvrageid associated with the search result on althub on the webui, but I dunno, don’t have access.

Just to clarify: Sonarr searches using tvrageid and then parses and filters those results based on the aliases, picks something to download, downloads it and then tries to import, during import it will once again use the aliases to figure out where a file belongs to.

The.Messengers.S01E01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-KiNGS.mkv

Does not seem to be recognised by Sonarr. Though it knows the show: The Messengers (2015)

Any idea? :slight_smile:

The titles don’t match, it will need to be added to the list.

I moved a post to a new topic: Lab Rats Bionic Island

Some episodes for Partners In Crime (2015) came down yesterday but were called Partners In Crime 2014.

I put in a request using the form to allow for this but have subsequently found that there is actually a series called Partners in Crime (2014).

The episodes from yesterday were just incorrectly named so my request to cater for this should be ignored. Sorry about that.

I think there may be an error on the mapping of “A League Of Their Own (2010)” - TVDB 149101. Sonarr is not currently picking up releases named thus :-

“A League Of Their Own UK S09E12 Unseen Vol2 HDTV x264-FaiLED”

This is despite there being an “Added” scene mapping of “a league of their own uk” present on line 278 of the Google Docs “Responses” document (I checked), so I’d have expected this to work.

However my Sonarr installation is not reporting that “a league of their own uk” is attached to the series details, so I wonder whether this scene name has actually been applied properly ? See http://i.imgur.com/pqjWATV.jpg for screenshot of my series details.

Is this an issue with the scene naming that needs updating, or do I need to do something my end to have these releases automatically recognised ?

I added the series to do a validation test.

15-8-5 12:57:49.0|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series A League Of Their Own UK
15-8-5 12:57:49.0|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Unknown Series

As far as I can tell it indeed should hit the mapping.

Thanks @Mirx_NL, guess that means it’s not just me and there’s a problem somewhere else, given the title has been added to the the list. Hopefully @markus101 or someone else on Team Sonarr can chip in shortly once they have a minute and see whether that entry is indeed in the scene mapping db or has just somehow fallen off.

Fixed. I forgot to re-add the UK when I was cleaning up the name.

1 Like

Thanks @markus101 - all is working perfectly now.

It looks like there is a typo for the scene name of “Who Do You Think You Are?” the UK series. TheTVDB Series Number 80522.

One of the alternate names is showing up as WhoDo You Think Your Are UK with a space missing between the first two words.

I submitted an item to the form but there wasn’t a comment field to point out the error.

Thanks, this is the correct place for corrections. The issue has been fixed.

My apologies, it looks like I missed a second error in that same string.

It is currently reporting as

Who Do You Think Your Are UK
when it should be
Who Do You Think You Are UK

The TVDB series number is still 80522.

Thanks again.

Fixed. :smile:

Hi, thanks for taking a look at my entry on the form (HBO Documentary film series) and I appreciate that it had already been added a while back, However I re-added it as it doesn’t work either manually or auto it always returns no results for DL. Any Ideas?

many thanks

I am having an issue with the naming of a show, that I don’t know how to address it by the form.

The problem is with Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited. Both are listed on TVdb as Justice League, with Justice League being Seasons 1 and 2, and Justice League: Unlimited being Seasons 3, 4, and 5. The problem that I am having is that I get a lot of download files originally named Justice League: Unlimited Season 1 and 2, which according to TVdb should be seasons 3 and 4, and they end up filled under Justice League Seasons 1 and 2. Unfortunately this means that the actual Justice League Season 1 and 2 episodes sometimes don’t get downloaded in favor of Justice League Unlimited.

Justice League: Unlimited should really be its own show.

This is not a problem that can be solved via the naming document or TheXEM.de because of the episode number reset.

If JL:U should be its own show your best bet is to go to thetvdb and plead your case there to get them to break it out into its own show.

Be warned they can be quite unfriendly unless you have strong “Official” supporting evidence for your reasons. Scene naming is not considered a good reason.