Sabnzbd vs nzbget

I have been using Sabnzbd for a couple of years but have been hearing about Nzbget quite a bit lately. Wondering if I should switch or stay with Sabnzbd. I run Sonarr and Radarr on Usenet only, no torrents at all. A few questions that I have about nzbget: 1) does the cpu speed make a difference? 2) does it need scripts or can Sonarr/Radarr provide what is needed to put the file in the right place/folder/directory?

Any opinions welcome, I’m just looking for what might be the newest/fastest/most reliable downloaded.

john

Nzbget here. I run everything on my NAS, and Sab was quite “heavy” on the resources.
CPU speed: you’ll only notice during par/unrar but it’s the same for both: faster CPU equals faster verification/unpacking.
It doesn’t need anything extra, sonarr/radarr can directly talk to it to get the queue contents etc.

I feel like it’s faster, but that may be subjective. I haven’t looked back at Sab, and since both can do pretty much the same it’s a matter of personal preference I guess…

Great answer, covered everything I asked. I asked about the scripts because I ran across them on github awhile back when using couchpotato. Glad it doesn’t really need them.

Thanks,

john

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.