SABnzbd - No files found in directory

I have the same behaviour with a large amount of downloads (movies and series episodes) not being imported correctly.

They are downloaded correctly, and then seem to just disappear from the download folder. I would estimate 1 in 10 downloads works as expected, where the NZB is added to SABNZBD, downloaded, unpacked and moved to the appropriate download directory (movie name/series name and season folder).

This seems to be a Sonarr issue for sure, because I am able to manually download NZB’s by adding them to a SABNZBD manually and setting them to a “debug” category. The debug category is set to extract to a different directory than the usual tv/movie categories. This works 100% of the time, but requires that I move the file from the “downloaded-extracted” folder to the movie/series name and season folder manually in terminal.

I’ll try to get a trace log and contribute my findings here, this issue is infuriating.

Here’s an extract from the trace, I am not sure what else to look for, but for some reason Sonarr claims it can’t find any files in the download directory:

2022-04-27 21:41:11.9|Debug|DiskScanService|Scanning '/mediadrive/downloads/complete/tv/Loki.S01E04.The.Nexus.Event.REPACK.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP.5.1.Atmos.H.264-FLUX' for video files
2022-04-27 21:41:12.5|Trace|DiskScanService|0 files were found in /mediadrive/downloads/complete/tv/Loki.S01E04.The.Nexus.Event.REPACK.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP.5.1.Atmos.H.264-FLUX
2022-04-27 21:41:12.5|Debug|DiskScanService|0 video files were found in /mediadrive/downloads/complete/tv/Loki.S01E04.The.Nexus.Event.REPACK.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP.5.1.Atmos.H.264-FLUX

Some episodes have worked, but episode 3,4 and 6 have all just disappeared post download:

Does anyone have any advice for what may cause this?

My setup is:
Linux (Ubuntu)
SABNZBD
Sonarr
Radarr
NZBHydra2 > NZB Finder as an indexer.

Something else which appears to be happening is that Sonarr detects that the download is complete as reported by SABNZBD, but the media file simply doesn’t exist in the Season folder. It does not retry to download the file, even after clicking search for new episode.

In the screenshot below, you will see that some episodes are reported as still being in the SABNZBD queue, but they are not, they are completed, and that the release is of equal or higher quality than the release in the queue, and so no NZB’s are fetched when clicking the search icon. The only way to get another NZB to download is to do it manually:

Moved to a new thread, this may be somewhat related to the previous thread, but that particular issue is either solved or abandoned. Please update your post to include all the requested information when opening a new thread.

Is there a video file in that folder?
If yes, do the permissions allow the user running Sonarr to see the file?

This looks a lot like a permissions issue, but that doesn’t explain why it’d apply to some downloads and not others.

SAB’s history also applies, Activity: Queue is built from items in SAB’s queue + SAB’s history (if they haven’t been imported by Sonarr).

As long as there is an item in Sonarr’s queue Sonarr won’t try to replace it with another download, if it can’t be imported for some reason that reason needed to be resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.