Rtorrent download folder without copying files?

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Description of issue:
Hello good people. You have created the most amazing app.I have managed to get my server up and running with rtorrent, sonarr and plex.
The problem which I have is this. I have created folders for tv shows and with it, they are sorted with names, season numbers and so on. I dont use the renaming episode feature.
When something is automatically downloaded, it is then downloaded to the download folder and then copied in the given TVShow/Series folder and so on.
I have to download torrents to the season folders from the beginning so I am seeding it and at the same time it is displayed in the Sonnar(after scanning the disk for the given TV Show).

My question is this, can it automatically download the file(without the folder name which can be done in rtorrent) to the required tv shows/season folder and seed it directly from there? With that, I would be able to seed the same file and would be able have it in the Sonarr without having the file as a double and of course without it taking the double space without need.

Now I am manually doing it, with removing the files from the tv show folder and adding them to the folder of it through the rtorrent which enables me having only one file for seeding and for my collection.

That is not currently supported by Sonarr. If the seeding files and the sorted files are on the same volume and the volume supports hardlinks Sonarr can hardlink the files instead of copying (there will be two files on disk that point to the same content so the diskspace usage isn’t doubled).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.