Root Folder (NOBRL) Quickie and Existing Library

Sonarr version 3.0.7.1477:
Windows 10 Pro 64
New User - nothing to log

1. Cannot find nobrl setting referred to in root folder help 2) advice on existing library would be helpful

to add a root folder the help says to ensure nobrl is enambled for smb, but gives no indication what nobrl is or where i might find it. a search in the wiki just brings up the main index leading to that same help statement, and google´s best effort is nobel prize winners. i´ve been searching for ages, i give up, whatever level of tech incompetent i appear as a result.

the nobrl will allow me to continue, but i would also appreciate advice on my existing library and best next steps. over the years i have actually been stripping out the file quality etc info sonarr wants as i could see no purpose for it and it just made folders clutterred and harder to read. so my library is well enough organised for plex purposes, but way off the sonarr ideals. in broad strokes my folders are series name, sub folders are then season 01, 02 etc, but the episode files and folders are very unlikely to have the correct format (though they will include the basics of the tv series name, season and episode number). should i start from scratch or attempt an import?

many thanks for any help

Nobrl is an smb flag for how a remote file server is mounted

Don’t believe its an issue for windows.

Library Import as the docs and helptext say are only for existing organized libraries

Media/TV/SeriesTitle/Season/ is fine

If your files don’t have any quality in them then they’ll be assumed to be the worst quality possible and thus may be upgraded

If they don’t have season/episode info in them then you’ll need to either reorganize and fix your library - filebot is commonly suggested - or do a series level manual import (now merged into Manage Episodes) and map every file individually.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.