Restrictions with Chinese characters are not working

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I have a restriction defined that has the characters “人人” as the “Must not contain” value.

However, this restriction has never worked. Today a file called “神秘博士.Doctor.Who.S07E12.中英字幕.BD.720P-人人影视.mp4” was downloaded.

I see in the logs that the file name is displayed differently:

20-8-1 15:38:58.3|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to Download Station. .Doctor.Who.S07E12…BD.720P-.mp4

Here it looks like the Chinese characters have been stripped out completely. Could this be the reason the restriction is not working?

If not, how can I troubleshoot this issue? Unfortunately, the above is all that’s in the logs at the moment. I have enabled debug logging and will include that when the issue re-occurs.

Tough to say if that’s just a logging limitation or it was stripped. I know there were changes (not recently) to avoid stripping non-english characters, but I don’t know if those are in v2 or not. I suspect their not so that filtering will fail because they are stripped out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.