Request Failed: Failed to add nzb

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4230
NZBGet version: 17.0
Mono version:4.2.3
Trace Logs: http://pastebin.com/g3uLQU8d
Here is a dump of the whole log directory in case you need more than the trace dumps I provided: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmd8u8b4tfitdeg/logs.rar?dl=0

When trying to add episodes from Season 7 of Degrassi TNG I keep getting errors from sonarr saying “download-wasnt-grabbed-by-sonarr-skipping”. The download never actually gets passed to NZBGet, Sonarr simply throws that error and never actually loads anything into NZBGet.

I went and turned on Trace logging to gather some info before posting here. This is the first time I have ever seen this issue and I have been using Sonarr extensively for about 6 months now. I don’t believe either of these programs has been updated recently so I don’t think it is a new issue introduced because of an update. I tried a couple other shows to see if it was exclusive to Degrassi and from what I can see this is the only show with this problem. I also restarted the server to make sure there wasn’t something hung up in the background.

See my pastebin link for the trace report. I noticed this in the log after I made my pastebin, however I think this error was caused by me clearing the history in NZBGet in an attempt to see if something in the history was causing the behavior.

Unable to retrieve queue and history items from NZBGet: Error writing request
System.IO.IOException: Error writing request —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The socket has been shut down
at System.Net.WebConnection.EndWrite (System.Net.HttpWebRequest request, Boolean throwOnError, IAsyncResult result) <0x42006ad0 + 0x00207> in :0
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.WriteAsyncCB (IAsyncResult r) <0x42009260 + 0x000c7> in :0
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.EndWrite (IAsyncResult r) <0x420096f0 + 0x00323> in :0
at System.Net.WebConnectionStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) <0x42007fb0 + 0x000bb> in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) <0x41fedef0 + 0x00399> in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request, System.Net.CookieContainer cookies) <0x41fed2f0 + 0x002a3> in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute (NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpRequest request) <0x41fe64d0 + 0x0016f> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.NzbgetProxy.ProcessRequest[T] (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.NzbgetSettings settings, System.String method, System.Object[] parameters) <0x42026000 + 0x001b4> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.NzbgetProxy.GetGlobalStatus (NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.NzbgetSettings settings) <0x42025e60 + 0x00047> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.Nzbget.GetQueue () <0x42025630 + 0x000db> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Nzbget.Nzbget.GetItems () <0x42023230 + 0x0000f> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TrackedDownloads.DownloadMonitoringService.ProcessClientDownloads (IDownloadClient downloadClient) <0x42171cb0 + 0x0013c> in :0

Mono isn’t running with the debug flag (--debug) so the stack trace isn’t very helpful, but that’s likely a problem with the docker image.

The issue seems to be that Sonarr can’t actually communicate with NZBGet, does testing the connection work? Something is closing the connection, could be a number of things, firewall, something running on the system.

Testing the connection works fine, as do the majority of the series I have in sonarr.
I had this issue again with four episodes of a show but the other 20 worked fine without issue. It seems to be a very intermittent problem.

I believe I can edit the docker container to turn on the debug switch in Mono. I will post over in the UnRAID forums and see if the container maintainer can shed any light on how to enable debug mode in their docker container.

markus: I enabled debugging in mono and reproduced the issue. Hopefully these logs will be of use in figuring out what is going on: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ol62la2zccw56sr/logs.rar?dl=0

It looks like in this particular case (Blindspot.S01E12.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-NTb-Obfuscated) is rejected by NZBGet for some reason, Sonarr makes the request and gets a response, but the response indicates there was an error.

{
"version" : "1.1",
"id" : "0ef21a5b",
"result" : 0
}

And from their docs: https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/wiki/API-Method-“append”#return-value a return value of 0 is an error. There is not indication in the response what the error is, but hopefully something in NZBGet’s logs explains it.

Thanks for the info, I will have to turn on debug logging in NZBGet and see if I can get any more information from it. The default logging level doesn’t tell me jack about what is going on behind the scenes.

EDIT: So it appears that the other day when I was deleting stuff from NZBGet’s history I didn’t actually end up deleting the history, it was simply hidden. These episodes that I was trying to re-snatch were being rejected because NZBGet saw that they were duplicates of pre-existing download attempts.
This issue is resolved, thanks for your help markus!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.