Repeated download loop on occassion

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.2.3 (Stable 4.2.3.4/832de4b Wed Mar 16 13:19:08 UTC 2016)
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

Occassionally Sonarr will delete and re-download a particular episode repeatedly, up to 8 times sometimes. This has happened with several different shows intermittently with no apparent pattern that I can discern. Not sure whats causing this to happen, and if its a loop, not sure why it finally stops but glad it does!! Since my internet is capped this could be a problem if it decided to do this with lots of episodes all of a sudden.

History shows the same nzb being grabbed:
Storyville.S2017E01.Zero.Day.Nuclear.Cyber.Sabotage.720p.iP.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-RTN
and then the dl file deleted
…/Storyville/Season 2017/Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p.mkv
then the same nzb grabbed again, and the file deleted again, repeatedly inside of an hour for no apparent reason:

5:09 Episode grabbed and sent to download client.
5:15 Episode file deleted. "File was deleted to import an upgrade."
5:15 Episode downloaded successfully and sent to and picked up from the download client.
5:25 Episode grabbed and sent to download client
5:30 Episode file deleted. "File was deleted to import an upgrade."
5:30 Episode downloaded successfully and sent to and picked up from the download client.
6:12 Episode grabbed and sent to download client
… continues like this resulting in 7 downloaded files in my Sonarr trash directory. Other shows this happens to have the same episode file grabbed and deleted from 4 to 8 times.

Custom Profile is set to (from top to bottom): SDTV, WEBDL-480p, DVD, WEBDL-720, HDTV-720p, Bluray-720p. Cutoff is set to SDTV. This is the profile I use for most shows, the purpose is to prefer SD, but to go with HD if no SD becomes available after a time.

I didn’t have the logging on when this happens, but I can turn it on now for the next time it happens if that helps. Thanks.

The release is a Webrip, but the file imported is only HDTV based on that history.

Is the source filename being altered before Sonarr imports it or is the filename being truncated so Sonarr doesn’t see the quality in the filename?

The nzb is webrip:
Storyville.S2017E01.Zero.Day.Nuclear.Cyber.Sabotage.720p.iP.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-RTN
But the downloaded file is renamed to HDTV:
Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p.mkv

That’s strange. My Standard Episode Format is:
{Series Title} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title} - {Quality Title}

No truncation, the files in Sonarr Trash are:
Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p.mkv
Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p_2.mkv
…etc.

What’s the source file name for the import? It’s shown in history.

The source file name could be changed by your download client after download and that would affect Sonarr’s ability to import it properly.

SAB- Path: …/sonarr_working/Storyville S2017E01 Zero Day Nuclear Cyber Sabotage 720p iP WEB

SAB- Source: Storyville.S2017E01.Zero.Day.Nuclear.Cyber.Sabotage.720p.iP.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-RTN.nzb

Sonarr History- grabbed from indexer: Storyville.S2017E01.Zero.Day.Nuclear.Cyber.Sabotage.720p.iP.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-RTN

Sonarr History- Episode file deleted: …/Storyville/Season 2017/Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p.mkv

Sonarr History- Episode dl’d successfully: Storyville S2017E01 Zero Day Nuclear Cyber Sabotage 720p iP WEB

Files in Sonarr Trash dir (7 numbered): Storyville - S2017E01 - Zero Day- Nuclear Cyber Sabotage - HDTV-720p.mkv

From Source NZB:

<head>
 <meta type="category">TV &gt; HD</meta>
 <meta type="name">Storyville.S2017E01.Zero.Day.Nuclear.Cyber.Sabotage.720p.iP.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-RTN</meta>
 <meta type="propername">Storyville</meta>
</head>

file that SAB upacks for Sonarr to pick up:
…/sonarr_working/Storyville S2017E01 Zero Day Nuclear Cyber Sabotage 720p iP WEB/
kkJwyNne7vo3bRCdcmznJQJz6Wr5Av339eY.mkv

Looks like SAB is truncating the file folder name there, it’s missing Rip from WEBRip, which will cause this problem since Sonarr will fail to parse it correctly.

Ah, yes so it is. I’ll check the other ones I had the problem with, but it looks like the problem occurs when the epi names get too long. I’ll check how/if I can adjust this in SAB. Thanks!!

In SAB Settings:
Special > Values > folder_max_length
was set to 63.
Increased to 75.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.