Remote Path Mappings

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4753
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Description of issue:

Hey guys. I am an IT administrator… and I am having issues with the “terminology” used in the “Host” line of the Remote Path Mappings box. What is meant by host? What is hosting the data (connection to the host itself, like IP or DNS name?), HOW to reach the data ON the host? (I.E. UNC or HTTP formatting?)?

Is it the download clients’ interpretation of the “Host” that the data is stored on (in this case, it’s NZBGet running on Linux, and there is no “host” in the category, only folder locations)?

To me, this is WAY overcomplicating a simple matter… why not have Sonarr just look for a string match in the “destination” property for the download client (NZBGet)? Why have a “host” line at all?

Example: Since Sonarr can access the API for NZBGet, it can access the “Destination” field, and since that could be a “remote path” match in the Remote Path Mappings for Sonarr, you could simply replace that path with the “Local Path” and voila, Sonarr, as long as the execution permissions of the account running it can access the local path, would import as needed.

I’m sure there is good reason to have the “Host” field, but I am frustrated and don’t see it’s necessity, and coming from IT, the word “Host” being used in an array of connections to and from places between applications and storage is an oversimplified word that clarification on is not to be found, no examples of the feature, etc. in Sonarr documentation. Please help.

Did you take a look at the help text for it?

The Host field of the remote path mapping needs to match the Host field of the download client.

You could have multiple hosts with the same path structure (multiple docker containers comes to mind) where /downloads/ is mapped to one location on the host for one container and to another location for another container.

Ahha! Thank you… that was way simpler than I made it. I tend to overcomplicate a lot of things very quickly lol… And yes, point made on the need for the host field. Thank you for helping!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.