Remote path help

Both machines are Windows 10. Sonarr is on 10 Pro, and deluge in on 10 Enterprise

I have been using Sonarr for a bit, but have been moving the files manually after they download. I would like to take the time to Automate things a bit more.

I have recently set up a computer to be used only to torrent, and have installed Deluge. I got deluge setup as a daemon, and access it and monitor from the Deluge installed on my Main computer.

On my main computer I have Sonarr running. At the moment, this computer stores most of my Media, the is also a 3rd computer set up as a NAS that I am playing around with that stores some of my Media.

I have my Download client setup correctly to where it will start the downloads for me, but I can’t seem to wrap my head around how to set up the remote paths.

The Deluge machine saves the finished downloads to ‘C:\torrents\completed’
THe IP address of the Deluge machine ia 192.168.1.25

I have that folder mapped locally to the Sonarr machine as the Z: (\192.168.1.25\Completed)

I guess my confussion is about what does it mean by local path, and Remote path.

If I had to guess

Local path would be the path Local to the machine Sonarr is install on. So ‘\192.168.1.25\Completed’ or maybe ‘Z:’

Remote path it where the file is on the remote computer “C:\Torrents\Completed” when I set it up, I get that the Local path doesn’t exist, or when I don’t get that error, ,sonnar doesn’t move the files.

Permissions on the folder for testing purposes are open to ‘Everyone’ having Full control.

Sorry in advance if I left anything out. Let me know and I will correct.

From the UI:
Remote: Root path to the directory that the Download Client accesses (so C:\torrents\completed).
Local: Path that Sonarr should use to access the remote path locally (so \\192.168.1.25\Completed or Z:\ if you’re not running Sonarr as a Windows service).

If Sonarr is running as a Windows Service that’ll happen if you use a mapped network drive, this is covered in the FAQ.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. This confirmed I was understaing thoes correctly. From that it seems like the Paths are set up correctly, but from the log I can safly say it a permissions error, and not a mistake on the Folder Path… It’s not accessable by Sonarr. I have it set up that the share, and the security is full for ‘Everyone’. So this is where I will have to troubleshoot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.