Remote Mapping has stopped working

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5301
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.18.0.240
Description of issue: NZBGet(Windows) and Sonarr(Synology) are running on different operating systems. I set up a Remote Path Mapping that worked until recently. Now I’m getting a ‘is not a valid *nix path. paths must start with /’ error. I’m assuming from the forward to backward slash transition from Windows to *nix.

Debug logs.

Also screenshots of the remote path mapping and download client settings in Sonarr will keep us from guessing what the issue is.

Here’s a screenshot of my Remote Mapping

I couldn’t get the log file to attach, but here’s an example of what I’m seeing

[v2.0.0.5301] System.ArgumentException: value [\Motherbrain\downloads\Complete\TV\Ben.10.2016.S03E17.720p.CN.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.x264-LAZY-Obfuscated] is not a valid *nix path. paths must start with /
Parameter name: path
at NzbDrone.Common.EnsureThat.EnsureStringExtensions.IsValidPath (NzbDrone.Common.EnsureThat.Param1[T] param) [0x0006b] in <da318c059b2c4e18a12ce1003b1dc734>:0 at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.FolderExists (System.String path) [0x00042] in <da318c059b2c4e18a12ce1003b1dc734>:0 at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientBase1[TSettings].DeleteItemData (System.String downloadId) [0x0008f] in :0

[Warn] ArgumentValidator: value [\Motherbrain\downloads\Complete\TV\Young.Justice.S03E21.720p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb-Obfuscated] is not a valid *nix path. paths must start with /
[Warn] Nzbget: [Young.Justice.S03E21.720p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb-Obfuscated] Error occurred while trying to delete data from ‘\Motherbrain\downloads\Complete\TV\Young.Justice.S03E21.720p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb-Obfuscated’.

You’re supposed to upload it and link it here, as explained in the template when you opened this thread.

Your remote path mapping has ...\Complete\x264, but the path you’re getting from your client is ...\Complete\TV so it doesn’t apply because they don’t match.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CNQKLXquqEzihCMl88hEoBZce-_dGWiE

Here’s the latest log. The wrong x264 path was a copy/paste error on my part that I corrected, but still getting the same errors.

What is the full path you have in the Remote Path Mapping now?
What is the Host for the download client in Sonarr’s settings?

Host is 192.168.1.214
Remote Path is \Motherbrain\downloads\Complete\TV
Local Path is /volume1/downloads/Complete/TV

What about this?

Sorry, it’s also 192.168.1.214

Double check that the host field for the remote path mapping matches the one for the download client exactly, not extra characters, similar looking ones, etc. and Copy the path from the log and use that for the remote path (minus the job folder and preceding slash), because the only two ways it won’t work is because the host doesn’t match or the remote path doesn’t match.

So I’m not sure what changed, but I copied and pasted all the fields and it’s working again.

Thanks for all the help, even while I wasn’t reading the instructions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.