Release Profiles prevents an Interactive Search manual download from completing and remains stuck in Activity Queue

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.182
Debug logs:

2023-09-27 10:23:29.2|Debug|UpgradeSpecification|This file isn’t a preferred word upgrade for all episodes. Skipping /volume2/downloads/complete/Redacted.1080p.x265-ELiTE/Redacted.1080p.x265-ELiTE.mkv

2023-09-27 10:23:29.2|Debug|ImportDecisionMaker|File rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Not a preferred word upgrade for existing episode file(s)

Description of issue:
I have a Release Profile with various words, x265, MeGusta, etc. I didn’t like one particular video that was automatically downloaded so I chose to use Interactive Search to replace it with another. I was surprised to find the completed downloaded stuck in the Activity Queue and it would not replace the existing file.

Before I used Release Profiles, if I used Interactive Search to manually download a release of lower quality, e.g. 720p when the existing file is 1080p, it would successfully replaced it. So I would assume the same behaviour for Release Profile words.

Is this a bug? Thanks.

This is expected behaviour, if the file is a downgrade (quality, preferred words, etc) then it’ll need to be imported manually.

An interactive download that is a downgrade of quality downloads and replaces the existing file fine. An interactive download that is a downgrade of preferred words is downloaded gets stuck in the activity queue and will not replace the existing file.

If the expected behaviour is never to replace then there is an issue is with the downgrade of quality not behaving correctly but personally I prefer that and would be good if downgrade of preferred words could be changed to match.

the yellow activity icon indicates manual intervention is required for some reason.

you’ll run into a similar situation when sonarr automatically downloads a good version, then downloads a better version before the previous ones have completed.

if the first version is slow and is still active when the second is completed then the second will get imported automatically and the first, when it does complete, will sit there with the manual intervention required coloured icon.

just manually import it if you want it or cancel it if you dont.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.