Refresh Taking Forever - Stopping all other tasks

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.688
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XHZ8Pm3UE-alBLjSPoEqZuBwPnHbM_vl
Description of issue: For some time now, can’t remember how long, refresh has been taking forever, about 4-5 hours. I am using Google Drive for storage and rclone to mount, didn’t change any settings, has been the same for a while, no issues with Radarr refreshing. Also, while this is refreshing, it’s stopping all other tasks like RSS, so for that time, I get no new releases grabbed. I can bounce the docker container, and it does grab everything from RSS, but then it starts back up the sync again.

Thanks in advance,
-Brian

Your logs are not accessible.

That task won’t prevent other tasks from executing.

Trace logs will show exactly how long each series takes to refresh and rescan, given you’re using cloud storage the rescan may be the reason for the slow refreshing.

Sorry about that, here you go.

Then what is stopping the other tasks from running, as you see in my screenshot there are things in the task queue that have been queued for as long as the refresh has been running.

The application update task.

Have you tried turning off metadata file creation? That can greatly slow things down.

Sesame street takes ~50 seconds to refresh and the log is filled with meatdata files being created for other series while that’s happening.

Yeah, that may have been the problem, not sure why this came up now though, never stalled it like that before…I ran a manual sync after I turned off metadata and it only took 16mins. Here’s the logs from that:

I think we are good on this now. Seems to be running much faster ~15mins…not 4 hours…lol. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.