Recent Update - Synology causing Import Failures - Permissions Problem

I think a recent update to Synology has broken the ability of my synolgy installed sonarr package to take files from the SAB complete folder and move them into my TV Show folder for all my media. I get the following error message for all content that is downloaded but unable to be moved/processed by Sonarr.

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /volume1/Media/complete/The.Voice.S14E22.720p.WEB.x264-TBS-Obfuscated/

Couldn’t import episode /volume1/Media/complete/Chicago.Fire.S06E21.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS-Obfuscated/de419d248f7143deb41d032ee0b14f77.mkv: Access to the path is denied.

I know this is permission based problem - and its probably a Synology issue since their user/group changes recently. However, i am really not a linux expert and the issue - even after doing basic things like setting the folder to 755 or 777 didn’t help. My assumption i need to add a certain user to a linux group to correctly access both the ‘complete’ folder and the ‘media/tv shows’ folder. What user does Sonarr run under on a synology package installed system?

Here are my current permissions on both folders:
drwxr-xr-x 29 admin users 4.0K Mar 12 17:45 Media

drwxr-xr-x 208 admin users 16K Apr 2 20:29 TV Shows

drwxr-xr-x 7 sc-radarr sc-download 4.0K May 3 21:41 complete

Group config from /etc/group
sc-download:x:65538:sabnzbd,sc-radarr,sc-nzbdrone
(is the sc-nzbdrone the correct user for sonarr?)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. While i can download everything and that works great - manually moving files each morning is becoming a giant PITA!

Thanks all!

This is probably useful:

Hmmm i don’t that does necessarily help me. I think i have things setup correctly with permissions - i now get a ! error that:

Missing root folder: /volume1/Media/TV Shows

The folder absolutely exists - i can ssh and cd to it - i can also navigate and see the data through windows file explorer. I assume this is still some permissions issue.

Current folder setup with permissions:
drwxr-xr-x 208 admin users 16K Apr 2 20:29 TV Shows

Looking through that linked forum post lists many people simply doing a chmod -R 777 on the directories. To me…that doesn’t seem like a logical approach.

I had the same problems occurring with all the new usernames and groups added. I got fed up with it all and started over using Docker to launch all of them. Then I used the PUID and PGID (or whatever they’re called) from my main login for the variables running each container. Now all my permissions are fixed and I switched from couch potato to radarr and sabnzbd to getnzb in the process.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.