Rainmeter Calendar Skin

Pretty self explanatory. I would love to have my Sonarr calendar on my windows desktop via rainmeter. Man, that would be cool.

Another option could be to allow the calendar to ‘pop out’. Kind of like the Twitch chat window. If that would happen, I’d want it to pop out without the bookmarks bar, and be able to make the font size pretty small so the window wouldn’t have to be huge to view the entire month.

The pop out option would be more universal.

The calendar in Sonarr cal be exposed via iCal, it that works for rainmeter then it can be in there, otherwise someone would have to create something to connect rainmeter to Sonarr’s API.

As for a popout calendar thats not something thats in the cards for Sonarr at this time.

I should have clarified that I use Windows. I wonder if I’m the only one who likes the idea of a popout calendar. People need more monitors :confused:

I have multiple monitors, thats not really the issue, its the fact it would be a lot of dev time and then there would be customization that people would want. Ultimately I think it would be better in a native application that supports skins/styling instead of spending time on trying to make a web app fit in the desktop world.

I certainly agree it would be better in a native app. I recommended a pop-out option only because it would be universal, which ultimately would work for more users and people could still build 3rd party solutions.

I understand it’s not a high priority. Out of curiosity, where can I go to see what is currently high priority so I can keep up with upcoming features? :smile:

I am a little surprised something like this would take much dev time. I’m not a dev, so I wouldn’t know. It seems like it’s a simple thing. Pop out, resize responsively. Thanks either way for responding.

Currently everything is on Trello: https://trello.com/b/MadvFKy4/sonarr

UI always takes longer, takes a long time to get it right. It doesn’t look like Twitch’s popout is very special, but a lot of moving parts in the UI would need to come together to make it work.

EDIT: This thread just popped to the top of the list: Calendar API help taking about rainmaker.

Haha! I actually found that thread before posting this. I PM’d that person earlier, just in case he does have a skin made. I also messaged another person on rainmeter’s forums. I like to search before I post.

I’m guessing you aren’t too familiar with rainmeter? Pretty nice program if you are into customization - http://i.imgur.com/OCaqFpO.png. That’s one of my monitor’s desktop.

I’ll check out Trello for sure. I need to make an account.

Thanks again

I just posted a link to my Rainmeter ini files on another thread but be warned the code is not user friendly and don’t have the time to create an official skin for it.