Radarr permission problem

Radarr version (exact version): 4.7.5.7809
.NET version (if Radarr is not running on Windows): 6.0.16
Debug logs: n/a
Description of issue: Permission problem

A LONG time ago, I added a Sophia Loren movie and wanted to search for movies she starred in. So I went into the ‘cast’ section and clicked the little plus beside her name and was good to go.

Yesterday, I was doing some house cleaning and nuking old directories and spotted a reference to nzbget so I deleted it. What I didn’t realize is that Radarr tucked my Sophia Loren search in there:

/home/gene/Downloads/nzbget/downloads/completed/Sophia Loren - 16757

This morning, I noticed Radarr was giving me an exclamation error so I dug into it and it didn’t like that I deleted that folder. I thought, no big deal, I’ll just find a Sophia Loren movie and go to the cast, edit her icon (clicking the wrench) and hit the ‘Delete’ button. But every time I try that, I get this permission error in the logs:

2023-08-18 12:37:35.6|Warn|DiskProvider|Unable to get drive mounts: Failed to fetch drive info for mount point: /run/user/1000/doc

[v4.7.5.7809] System.Exception: Failed to fetch drive info for mount point: /run/user/1000/doc
 ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
 ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.IO.DriveInfo.CheckStatfsResultAndThrowIfNecessary(Int32 result)
   at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_DriveFormat()
   at NzbDrone.Mono.Disk.DiskProvider.<>c.<GetAllMounts>b__16_0(DriveInfo d) in ./Radarr.Mono/Disk/DiskProvider.cs:line 193
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at NzbDrone.Mono.Disk.DiskProvider.<>c.<GetAllMounts>b__16_0(DriveInfo d) in ./Radarr.Mono/Disk/DiskProvider.cs:line 193
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at NzbDrone.Mono.Disk.DiskProvider.GetAllMounts() in ./Radarr.Mono/Disk/DiskProvider.cs:line 203

I’m running Radarr under my ‘gene’ account but Radarr is complaining it doesn’t have permission to delete that entry.

I know this is a Linux permission problem but if I’m running Radarr under my account, and that folder is under my user directory, why can’t it be deleted by the app?

If I try and start tracking a different star, and click the plus button, Radarr freaks out with the same permission error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.