Queue not updating/linking torrent ID after NAS upgrade - all old items back in queue

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4866
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/UKGqJqqt

Description of issue:
I have recently upgraded my Synology NAS from a DS1812+ to a DS1817+ and after a successful transfer without need to reinstall any applications I had noticed a large number of items in my download queue (for Radarr also)

All the items in the queue show the error:
“Download wasn’t grabbed by Sonarr and not in a category, Skipping.”

And when I try to manually import it shows nothing to import leaving the only option to remove it from the queue to clear it; however in doing so it also removes the torrent from seeding from my download manager (Download Station - Synology default)

After some snooping around I have found the closest issue which mentions about the torrent IDs matching up…

I assume the torrent ID from the download station is still linked to Sonarr because when you remove a download from the queue it removes it from download station, but besides that, I can’t manually import it or clear the errors queue without removing my seeds.

Everything in my queue was already automatically imported correctly a while ago before my upgrade so I’m not worried about that, but now my issue is clearing these items without removing the seeding torrents from my download station… There are a few thousand so if there were something to do this without loosing my seeds that would be awesome.

Thanks in advanced!

1. Use a category, it will give you the ability to add an item to the queue and have Sonarr process it, even if it didn’t grab it and also filters out things not in the category Sonarr is watching

2. This tells me Sonarr’s history was lost and it doesn’t know it previously sent it to the download client, a few ways to clear these out:

• Remove them from your download client (which would stop seeding)
  • Set a category for Sonarr to use for future downloads and put these in a different category OR leave them uncategorized (keeps seeding and Sonarr ignores them)

Sonarr doesn’t need to know about it beyond seeing it in the queue to remove it.

Hi Markus,

This sounds to be the way to go, however I currently am using a specific directory so that the files Sonarr downloads, grabs, and copies, rather then moved (using download handling) have somewhere to sit other then my downloads folder which is actively used for other things.

Is there anyway to keep my directory for downloads and use a category? Or am I missing something in my download manager to arrange for all items in that category to use a specific directory? - I am unable to find a setting such as this in Download Station.

The error shown when adding a category:

Cannot use Category and Directory

Thanks!

I have had a go at removing the existing directory and using the category sub folder within my downloads folder via the setting in Sonarr - Seems to have worked to an extent. After creating a new subfolder and testing the connection in the settings page with the new category successful, about 20 queued items disappeared.

Thought it may be refreshing so took a coffee break and came back later, still the same. Went to the tasks menu in system and preformed a refresh with Housekeeping and the others, still nothing after they all completed; preformed a restart - and again after some time (maybe 5 min) of having nothing in queue, they popped up again still in queue.

Here’s the weird part - I also did this with Radarr also, and would you know it all but 6 of the queued items disappeared.

With a new folder and category will this automatically update itself over the day? I can’t imagine so though as it has been a while and the queue isn’t clearing itself?

The items remaining still in the category folder? If they’re in the same category Sonarr will track them. If they aren’t what does Sonarr say about them in the queue?

After adding a category to my download client in Sonarr settings and removing the existing directory, then making a new (empty) folder for the category in the default downloads location, the error shown for the existing items in the queue is now

No files found are eligible for import in /volume1/…old directory/…

and for new downloads after sending to the download client and completing the download it fails to import and the error is

No files found are eligible for import in /volume1/Downloads/Category_name/…new file/…

I am unable to manually import anything as no files show when I try, however when I go to the directory the files have downloaded correctly and the download manager is now seeding as per usual, but all the original items and now new item is stuck in the queue.

It now fails to import anything correctly, and all downloads are stuck in the queue after downloads are complete.

If downloads are being reported with the old directory, but aren’t actually there that would would mean Manual Import and auto import would both be unable to find the fine the files.

If they are actually there, check the permissions and make sure the sc-media group (which contains the nzbdrone user) has read/write access to the files.

sc-media and sc-downloads have read/write permissions to all relevant directories mentioned -

I have left the old files in the old directory and created new folders for the new categories.

After that didn’t work, to test, I moved all of the downloaded files to the new categories folders, ran housekeeping and a restart etc, no change except now the seeding stopped missing file etc so I moved the old files back.

The queue list remains the same but the error is either originally

Download wasn’t grabbed by Sonarr and not in a category, Skipping

or when using category with new empty folders

No files found are eligible for import in…

Is there a way to set a category for existing queue items? Then make new category for future items? or ignore uncategorised items from the queue

Or is there a way to ignore/clear these items from the queue without deleting from download client

Or can I relink or forward them to Sonarr’s download history without importing - As Sonarr is not finding the files with category in use.

You’d need to set that in the download client.

They should be if they are not in the category Sonarr is expecting, Sonarr determines if it should track it in one of two ways:

If Directory is set and the item is in the folder that Sonarr has for Directory
if Category is set then the item needs to have one ancestor folder in the path match that category field

There is not.

Not possible either.

Unfortunately there is no option with Synology’s Download Station for categorising - I cant change the category or directory of existing downloads, so I’m not sure the effect Sonarr will have when trying to use categories with Synology’s Download Station package.

When I do give the download client in Sonarr’s settings a category it is still detecting the old files from the old directory even though the ancestor folders for the category are all empty?

Could this be because Download Station has no categories and it can still see them even though the files are not in the category?

Because Download Station doesn’t actually have categories, Sonarr fakes it will a subfolder (or a full path if you use Directory instead of Category).

If you existing downloads are in /volume1/downloads/sonarr/ and you set the category to sonarr Sonarr will see them, same if they are in /volume1/downloads/torrents/complete/sonarr/ because sonarr is a folder in the path.

Same idea for Directory, except it needs the full path to match.

What exactly are the paths that Sonarr is seeing? What category/directory is being used?

Ah, that’s neat~ Makes sense~

My Driectory was /volume1/videos/sonarr/

And my new category is /volume1/downloads/sonarr/

So it shouldn’t see the old downloads as it’s a different path correct? But the are still shown in queue and if removed manually it is removed from the download client etc…

My download stations default location is /volume1/downloads/

I created a new folder for Sonarr’s category here which is empty

Ok so I have gone from what you’ve said with the categories, and a new folder in a completely different shared folder location then denied permission to the old folder, which still seems to pick up the old downloads, (tried to restart Sonarr and turn off and on the package in Synology to see if that refreshed it) however when I changed it to a path as you have mentioned above it only reads the specific new folder correctly… BUT this only worked after changing the directory not the category to the new blank folder AND restarting the package through Synology, not Sonarr’s settings… It seems that was the only was that it “refreshed” the old queue? maybe some thoughts on this a bit strange?~

So now as long as the paths are seperate and directories are different it’s fine, but in future if I were to upgrade again and have the same issue etc is there a way to backup these “old downloads” in Sonarr so that in future I can load them back up as already handled by the download manager? That would be quiet useful in keeping these linked rather then a new directory each time?

Thanks for all your help! was having conflicting memory errors with my primitive OCD lolz…

The locations come from the download station API, blocking the files would only prevent Sonarr from seeing the files on disk, not the item from download station.

If you chose sonarr as the category then it would see the old and new since they both have sonarr in the path (one of the folders is named sonarr).

Just make a ((backup)) of Sonarr before upgrading (and save it somewhere safe), unfortunately Synology deletes the data that apps use when a package is removed, so by re-installing it got rid of it all (hence the starting fresh).

Awesome! Thank you for all your help! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.