Quality for grabbed release (Unknown v1) does not match the quality of the file (SDTV v1) - which makes no sense

I’ve got a release from a tracker where the original release had no quality specified in the title, so it was parsed out as ‘Unknown v1’. The release was grabbed, downloaded, and then the video file sampler code kicked in and tested the mp4 file - evaluating it to be SDTV. At that point the import process rejected the file, because it didn’t match the quality of the grabbed release:

17-5-17 09:49:48.1|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for Bake Off Creme de la Creme S02E07. TVC.mp4
17-5-17 09:49:48.1|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: SDTV v1
17-5-17 09:49:48.1|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: 
17-5-17 09:49:48.1|Debug|ImportDecisionMaker|Size: 691861153
17-5-17 09:49:48.1|Debug|VideoFileInfoReader|Getting media info from /volume1/video/SonarrDL/Bake Off Creme de la Creme S02E07. TVC.mp4
17-5-17 09:49:49.8|Debug|SameFileSpecification|No existing episode file, skipping
17-5-17 09:49:49.8|Debug|GrabbedReleaseQualitySpecification|Quality for grabbed release (Unknown v1) does not match the quality of the file (SDTV v1)

This doesn’t appear to make any sense. If a release is grabbed with quality ‘Unknown’, surely it doesn’t matter what the video quality is, it should always be imported (unless an existing episode of higher quality has been previously imported)? This looks like a change in the latest version (2.0.0.4753) as I’m sure this wasn’t happening a couple of weeks ago.

Suspect this may also be related to this change/regression/fix:

Not related to that issue, but it;'ll be fixed in develop soon and in the next release.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks.

I’m getting this error all the time… don’t understand why though, haven’t changed anything. Maybe I should turn off automatic updates as the system was working fine before the last update?

Is there any update on this? I’ve been seeing this since the last update also. I have to manually import all my shows.

It’s fixed on the develop branch, which I’ve been running since I reported it. So you could switch to that, or wait until it hits a full release.

I can wait. Assuming it’ll be published soon… Glad to hear it’s fixed at least.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.