Qbitt not respecting indexer ratio

I would like to get clarification on how seeding ratios work. I’m using the current release of Qbitt as my torrent client. If I do not want to seed content, I can configure Qbitt with a ratio of zero this works very well as soon as the torrent completes Qbitt stops seeding. However, I would like to control my seeding times via the indexer instead of Qbitt. I want my private trackers to seed to a ratio of 3 while I do not want my public trackers to seed at all so they have a ratio of 0. Keep in mind I have no ratio settings configured in Qbitt. I thought Sonarr would be able to communicate seed times via an API. This does not work I still have public tracker content seeding even though I’ve entered a ratio of 0 for no seeding. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated I’m running version 3.0.4.1069.

I’m not sure, but I think that setting “0” in Sonarr means it will have no seeding limit? Plus, it’s a bit of a dick move to not seed anything…

1 Like

Personally Sonarr should find the file and pass it to one’s torrent client where EVERYTHING else is handled, and have nothing more to do with the file. @yiveynod 0 in Sonar just makes Sonarr grab the file regardless of how few seeds it says the file has. I have mine set to 0 cause more times than not something that says 0 seeds actually has seeds.

Now as for not seeding back it’s not a bit of a dick move, it is an out and out dick move. I have Deluge set to share back 1.3 or 30% more than I download. It’s the right thing to do.

Isn’t that under "Minimum Seeders?
I meant under “Seed Ratio”.

Deluge:

agent0, it should work like you’re expecting. I have Jackett set up as an indexer in Sonarr with a seeding time of two weeks, but I have it set as 4 days in qBittorrent for torrents I download from elsewhere. It’s been working correctly for some time now, but recently the seed time sometimes doesn’t get applied to torrents. I updated to qBittorrent 4.3.2 back in December, so maybe it’s an issue with the new version, I might try going back to 4.3.1 to see if that works.

As an example, a couple days ago Sonarr downloaded 10 or so episodes of a show. All of the x264 episodes from one group didn’t have the seeding time applied and just used qBittorrent’s seed time, but all of the x265 episodes from a different group had the 2 week time applied.

I’m running Sonarr 2.0.0.5344 which hasn’t been updated since March 2020, so I’m thinking qBittorrent changed something in the newest version.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.