Qbit 4.0.4 Can't add torrent

I have the same error. If you click the filter from bug to warn, for me, all of those errors are preceeded by

HTTP Error - Res: [POST] http://<IP>:8282/command/upload: 500.InternalServerError
Error: Could not add torrent to session.

Looking inside the file log I see

18-3-21 10:24:01.5|Warn|HttpClient|HTTP Error - Res: [POST] http://<IP>:8282/command/upload: 500.InternalServerError
18-3-21 10:24:01.5|Fatal|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Request Failed. POST /api/release

[v2.0.0.5162] NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.DownloadClientException: Failed to connect to qBittorrent, check your settings. ---> NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpException: HTTP request failed: [500:InternalServerError] [POST] at [http://<IP>:8282/command/upload]
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 94
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 225
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.ProcessRequest(HttpRequestBuilder requestBuilder, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 241
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrentProxy.AddTorrentFromFile(String fileName, Byte[] fileContent, QBittorrentSettings settings) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrentProxy.cs:line 98
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.QBittorrent.QBittorrent.AddFromTorrentFile(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, String hash, String filename, Byte[] fileContent) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\Clients\QBittorrent\QBittorrent.cs:line 58
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase`1.DownloadFromWebUrl(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode, String torrentUrl) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:line 189
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.TorrentClientBase`1.Download(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\TorrentClientBase.cs:line 117
   at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport(RemoteEpisode remoteEpisode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\Download\DownloadService.cs:line 69
   at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease(ReleaseResource release) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:line 67
   at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0(Object x) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Api\Indexers\ReleaseModule.cs:line 46
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func`2 , Object )
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

I am using:

Sonarr: 2.0.0.5162
qBittorrent: v4.0.4

Split out because it is not the same issue (different errors). Qbittorrent is failing to handle the request, not rejecting it. I don’t believe this is a problem with Sonarr, hopefully their logs indicate the problem.

Looking at it, I guess the topics indexer is using the qBittorent download api call, whereas mine is using the upload api call? Is that what you mean by different errors?

Can you recommend a better way to capture the data that is being posted between the apps?

No, I mean yours is returning a 500 error (something blew up in qbit), the thread you posted in was returning a 400 error. The difference in the call is likely torrent vs magnet.

I don’t believe Sonarr’s trace logs add anything additional, qbit’s logs might (I know Sonarr’s logs do when something leads to a 500 response). Beyond that only a proxy that logs the request/response would see exactly what Sonarr sent and what qbit returned (something like Fiddler).

We can probably close this one. It appears the torrent was already added, but it didn’t have any category/label. qBittorent was returning a 500 error with message. I had to search and found an old issue on Radarr that clued me into it already being added.

Now to figure out the no label/category issue. I have seen a few like that. No idea how that is happening.

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
content-length: 40
content-security-policy: default-src 'self'; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; img-src 'self' data:; script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; object-src 'none';
content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:23:54 GMT
x-content-type-options: nosniff
x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.