Problem with "Mayday"

Being new to Sonarr, I have not yet had the opportunity to manually add shows that have been downloaded from a source outside of Sonarr, so this is the first. I am running Sonarr on my Linux 15.04 machine along with NZBGet as my download client. I get all of my shows via UseNet, with the rare exception as below.

I have a show in my Sonarr “Series” list called Mayday. My usenet provider (UseNetServer) and my indexer (NZB.Su) never find these programs so I have to manually find and download them them with torrents using qBittorrent. This is how I found the latest episode Mayday S15E03.

So qBittorrent finds one and I download it. To get this episode into Sonarr, I went to Wanted>Manual Import. I navigate to the folder where I have copied the episode and when I click on “Manual Import” the episode I want to add is found. But when I click the Import button I get a response “Series must be chosen for each selected file”.

Looking back at the episode in the Manual Import list, the series name, season, and episode are not shown, and there is a red ball with an exclamation mark at the right end that says “Unknown Series”.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or ???

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi, No, you’re doing nothing wrong. Air Crash Investigation (Mayday) is not available via Usenet just now. I have no idea when it will be, although S02 is but only SD. Hopefully that will change soon but you might need to source from other places.

Also remember that some episodes are shown in a different order to what you might expect. I’d wait until next month and have a look then.

I don’t think it will ever be available on usenet, that is why I resorted to torrents. Regarding the episode order, the latest ones (S15) seems to be good. The Series information shows Mayday season 15 episode 3 as “Terror in San Francisco”. The filename I am trying to import is “Mayday - S15E03 - Terror in San Francisco.mp4”. Just seems like I should be golden.

Thanks,

Wayne

I’m seeing the same thing, even on episodes that show up on Usenet. Not sure what the mismatch is, if a search turns it up, but then rejects it.

Screen Shot

Mouse over the exclamation mark to see the reason. Given your example is of a Raw-HD file, it’s probably not in the profile for that show (and/or to do with the size of the release).

“Unknown Series”

Ahh, that would be something for the devs to comment on. Since there are two different shows with the name Mayday, 2013 and 2003, it may be to do with there being no year in the release name?

Seems an odd error, though. Isn’t the point of a manual search to work out stuff the matching algorithms get wrong? This seems like a case where I should be able to override it and download anyway.

Manual search is there to manually select results, eventually our plan is to support forcing the grab when the series/episode is unknown, but that requires a number of changes, especially to track the releases.

Mayday is a valid alias for another series:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=262148

We can’t/won’t support a conflicting alias for another series, so these releases will not be grabbed by Sonarr automatically.

Also, you can manually download it, but it will very manual. Click the link for the release and that will take you to the release on the indexer in question, etc.

You’d probably have to move and rename it after download, too, though possibly a manual import within Sonaar would work after since I believe you can select the approprate series during that process, if you do it interactively?

Tell me if I’ve got this right:

As long as that alias conflict exists in TVDB, Sonarr won’t be able to automatically download the show. (sounds like either show) Sonarr appears to have the right program (based on cover art, titles) imported, so my first thought of re-adding the show based on TVDB ID won’t help.

When #395 is resolved, I’ll be able to grab episodes in a manual search, but still not automatically.

Thanks for the help, and I’ll give the very manual process dagoob described a shot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.