"Print Preview" and "Overwrite Preview"

This may not be critical functionality but it would save a lot of time and management. I think having these two UI’s would help a lot. Also, this is written with usenet in mind, but im pretty sure the same principles apply to torrents as well (definitely the second part anyway).

Print Preview:
The best current process for adding a new show is to check a couple manual pulls from each season to see what’s available, then go and set profiles/preferences/etc, then hit the automatic snatchall button. Then head over to sab and manually go through to find whatever error/mislabeled episodes/season premiers and finales that ignore size limits (that’s probably worth another thread, but i digress). And remove anything that offends, go back to sonarr and manually pull whatever was just deleted from sab.
A better way to add entire series would be to add a “print preview” button. When you click it you get a list of all nzb’s sonarr plans to send to sab with a little button next to each one that pulls the manual search up for that episode so you can make individual adjustments to whatever you need before sending the whole job over to sab. This would save a lot of headache since there is really no way to get better than 85% success rate with automation in the wild west of usenet. (as much as you crazy devs seem hell bent on changing that!)

Overwrite Preview (terrible name)
This would add a ui to the recycle bin. Once opened you would see a list of everything currently in the recycle bin (items that have been overwritten by better quality releases), BUT with their original file names (that history already exists in sonarr, so it would be a lot easier to see what’s what). And next to it you would see the new file that sonarr has replaced it with (again, with original file names). You could then manually accept each replacement, decline each replacement (put the original file back and delete the new one), or clear all (accept all changes and permanently delete all files in the “recycle bin”. And also maybe have another option to manually search for a new release (if both files are unacceptable).

I can’t say I’ve ever done this, maybe this would fit

Beyond that I don’t see something exactly like you describe being implemented.

We (the devs) have talked about a way to manage the recycling bin before, but it wasn’t something we opted to take past initial discussions, but we have an issue open to find a way to preserve the structure of files so things aren’t lost:

Overall these seem like features that would of limited use to the majority of users and seems to go against automation into control of individual files.

Yeah, and i do get that, automation should be the ultimate goal… it’s just not there for me personally yet. I think i might be in the minority, but space isn’t an issue, so i’m usually looking for best and largest available files. honestly, if sonarr had a way of sorting by file size (largest first) that would go a LONG way in letting me hand over control, but as things stand, I usually have to do a lot of manual work to get the best quality, Even if most people don’t want it, do you think adding the option to sort by filesize might ever make it into development? I mean for old dvd only releases especially, its really annoying having 180MB files in the same category as 800MB ones… defaulting to the larger sizes would really help me out (sorry if this goes off topic a little, just didn’t think it was worth a new thread since im sure you guys have already thought of this and have a reason for not already adding it)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.