Precautionary questions - updating to v.4

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.10.1567
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): ?
Description of issue: I would like to upgrade Sonarr to v.4. However, I would like to make sure that I don’t run into problems installing the new version and if I do, I would want an easy way to go back to my current version. Your advice therefore is crucial to me and will be much appreciated.

I can make a backup of my current installation of Sonarr from within the program which I installed from the Sonarr website.

The website states that “It’s advisable to make a backup of the v3 data first and uninstall the previous sonarr package”. However, there’s no information about how to actually uninstall v.3. Can someone please advise how to uninstall Sonarr v.3?

After uninstalling v.3 would restoring the backup that I made with v.3 be fine for v.4?

Would a system backup with Timeshift be effective as a means to restore Sonarr v.3 if things don’t work out with v.4?

Depends how you installed it, if you were using the debian package you’d want to uninstall that.

Yes, as long as your DB doesn’t have corruption the migrations should be able to upgrade to v4 without issue.

Never used Timeshift, so not sure if it’ll work.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments.
I installed Sonarr using
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/develop/distribution/debian/install.sh | sudo bash
(or whatever was applicable for v.3).

I think that I’ll create a full backup on a Live-USB just before updating to v.4. Worst case scenario is that I’ll re-install MX Linux by restoring the whole system.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.