Post upgrade to V3 - Epic Fail - SonarrStartupException

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.5.1144
Debug logs: See below
Description of issue: SonarrStartupException: Sonarr failed to start: Unable to migrate AppData folder from C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone to C:\ProgramData\Sonarr. Migrate manually

[v3.0.5.1144] NzbDrone.Common.Exceptions.SonarrStartupException: Sonarr failed to start: Unable to migrate AppData folder from C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone to C:\ProgramData\Sonarr. Migrate manually
at NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.AppFolderFactory.MigrateAppDataFolder() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\EnvironmentInfo\AppFolderFactory.cs:line 126
at NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.AppFolderFactory.Register() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\EnvironmentInfo\AppFolderFactory.cs:line 43
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start(StartupContext startupContext, IUserAlert userAlert, Action`1 startCallback) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Host\Bootstrap.cs:line 36
at NzbDrone.WindowsApp.Main(String[] args) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone\WindowsApp.cs:line 23

Did you migrate the files manually?

Hi Markus101,

How does one do that? Happy to try, I couldn’t find those instructions. Logically, I would copy a C:\ProgramData\NzbDrone\AppData* over to C:\ProgramData\Sonarr* However no folder by that name exists.

You create it, I presume.

That’s the install folder, so where is Sonarr running from? But creating it will do it too. If you’re using a custom AppData location then point Sonarr to it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.