Possible Enhancement Request - Notification Enhancements URL, Link, Pushover, Email

Pushover and email should both support imbedded URL’s. I’m not sure if other notification methods so at this point as well but it would be really sweet to be able to embed IMDB/TVRage link for the episode into the Pushover notification/email and any other notifications methods applicable.

Hydra already embeds this data in the History/Analytics. I would assume the variables are already there to pass this through but I’m not sure. From the Wiki it looks like the variable may be $TVDBID?

It would also be able to push a link back to the information in queue on my local Sonarr website I’m sure that with some thought I could come up with some other options that would leverage this capability more heavily.

There is already one similar post entitled Pushover notification - URL not sending.

Sonarr doesn’t use IMDB or TVRage so neither of those would be possible a link to TheTVDB might be possible, but linking to the exact episode isn’t possible as Sonarr doesn’t track the TVDB episode ID.

I think this would probably fall under:

Since I think people are going to want different things.

What is the most effective means of meeting the goal? Hydra knows and Plex knows but Sonarr and SABnzbd where most of the work are getting done don’t have the information.

Sonarr knows what episode it is, but doesn’t know the episode on TheTVDB by it’s ID, because we found that ID unstable before (which would be required to add a link to TheTVDB for that episode), I don’t see that being something additional we pull in at this time.

Sonarr could provide a link to the series (it already does on the series details page), but it’s not something that’s sent in the notifications.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.