Port 8989 in use

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

I’m looking for ways to find out what programs are Sonarr’s port. I’m trying to setup remote access, but I keep getting this error when I run port 8989 in Simple Port Tester program. I’m fairly new to this world, so please feel free to go as in depth as you feel.

Thanks.

Running Sonarr as admin once will register the port and open the firewall, which should take care of it on the computer, just the router will need the port opened.

Sounds like Sonarr is still running when you try to use that program to listen on port 8989, but I’ve never used that program.

I just installed and reinstalled Sonarr and I started the program with admin rights, but I still have the error popping up.

The error where? From your original post it sounds like you’re getting an error in Simple Port Tester, but if that’s running on port 8989 and you start Sonarr you’ll get an error as well (you can’t run both on the same port at the same time).

Please post debug logs of the issue in Sonarr and link them here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.