Permission issues on QNAP w Docker

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.737
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/j7gDBnSV
Description of issue: Sonarr fails to import SOME files, despite all permissions being set correctly

1. 20-3-22 14:03:52.1|Debug|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Processing path: /data/complete/Series/XXX

2. 20-3-22 14:03:52.1|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr:XXX. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

Hi everyone. I have been battling with a permissions issue for a while now. I am using PUID and PGID env variables in docker. It looks like the correct user and group are being passed through to the abc user inside the container.

On the QNAP I have created a user called plex in the group plex as per this image. All the files within my download folder (and subsequent media folders where things end up) belong to this user:group.

What else can I do to make sure sonnar has the correct permissions?

I know there are a lot of these topics, but I have read through a bunch and ensured I am doing the correct thing and still hit lots of these issues. The weird thing is that if I go to manual interactive import I can import these files without issue…

Cheers

Does this path exist in the Sonarr container?

What are your volume mappings for the Sonarr and download client containers?

No I don’t think it does to be honest. I don’t know what /data/ is. My mappings are as follows

Sonarr volume mappings:
-v /share/Container/container-config/sonarrv3:/config
-v /share/Media/tv_shows:/tv
-v /share/Downloads:/downloads \

QBittorrentVPN volume mappings:
-v /share/Downloads:/data
-v /share/Container/container-config/qbittorrentvpn:/config \

NZBGet volume mappings:
-v /share/Media:/media
-v /share/Container/container-config/nzbget:/config
-v /share/Downloads:/downloads

Looking those up makes me think you may be on to something, looks like the torrent client is set up with downloads folder as \data, whilst radarr and sonarr are using \downloads. I’ll see if I can change that and see what happens/ Thanks!

Edit: That was it, thanks so much for making me look outside the box. I have been playing around with permissions and user/groups for weeks. FYI for anyone out there do not create a plex group on a QNAP, it borks Plex Media Server for some reason. This can be marked as solved.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.