Permission errors in Sonarr on Synology NAS

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://privatebin.net/?7fd41808f807984d#g4qRMsL16U1uTTtf2SKyQc7bm2YuibExYgGutQ4rSUq
Description of issue: Sonarr is unable to import my downloads from SABnzbd due to permission errors. I’ve read the wiki and tried to make sure that sc-download (group) and sc-nzbdrone (system internal user) has both read/write access to the source and destination folders. I’m not sure where else I can change the permissions to allow Sonarr to do its thing.

I am getting this as well. I have removed and reinstalled and I have done the same steps you did.

Version 3.0.5.1144
Mono Version 5.20.1.34
DSM 7.0.1-42218 Update 2

Now on 3.0.6.1342 same result.

@WillGonz & @noobzb If your NAS supports docker you should switch to docker instead as the SynoCommunity NAS package is poorly maintained, effectively not supported, not a supported version, and they also broke mono as well.

this isn’t a sonarr issue and has nothing to do with sonarr - the issue is Synology completely fucked up permissions with DSM7.

You may have think you fixed the permissions, but you actually did not - so try again. The root issue is Sonarr does not have read and write permissions on/to /volume1/Storage/Movies/TV Shows/Snowdrop/Season 1/Snowdrop - S01E10 - Episode 10 WEBDL-1080p.mkv

also why is TV shows within movies, that seems extremely odd…

And docker has its whole slew of problems.

I messed up the original folder structure and never bothered to correct it.

So setting up docker for sonarr (sorry I have no experience with this) instead of the native client allows it to properly access the folder structure? Do I have to put SABnzbd and Plex in docker as well?

docker has a learning curve - but much less issues than the garbage not maintained SynoComm packages

plex can be native - Plex actually maintains their app.
sab - docker is easiest

and syno on docker is easy - see trash’s guide

I just did more digging and you are right: DSM 7 is absolutely mucking up the permissions. At the folder level, the permissions are set correctly. Both owner and group has read/write permission. This is propagated from upper to lower levels. But at a file level (where the completed files are saved), there’s only read-only permissions applied.

Even when I check apply for all subfolders and files, it still doesn’t apply those permissions. I have to manually go to each file and apply the permissions. At that point, Sonarr is able to import properly. Can Sonarr in docker really resolve this??

it’d remove some synology fuckery and the poorly maintained SynoComm packages from the equation - yes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.