Path issue with Sonarr (Radarr paths are fine, sometimes things are moved correctly still) - NOT FIXED :(

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): n/a (windows)
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/mH7xiEVj
Description of issue: Error message about a path problem, “System.ArgumentException: value [/data/.TVHD] is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows” - the path is virtually the same in Radarr, I’ve verified the path in Windows as well.

So this is weird, I have virtually the exact same folder setup with Radarr and there are no errors, it’s only in Sonarr that these happen.

My paths are as follows:

Root Path:

|\nas\media\TVHD|10.5 TB|1||

Remote Path Mapping

10.0.0.5 /data/TVHD \nas\media\downloads\TVHD\

oh FOR GODS SAKE NOW IT WORKS.

I’m posting just because, I have no idea why it just fixed - but it did.

I love technology, if anyone has this issue - I dunno, just keep changing it and restarting the server IDEK

NEVER mind, it’s back. Restarted my computer for an update:

Unknown error occured in DownloadClientRootFolderCheck HealthCheck: value [/data/.TVHD]  is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows
Parameter name: path

System.ArgumentException: value [/data/.TVHD]  is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows
   at NzbDrone.Common.EnsureThat.EnsureStringExtensions.IsValidPath(Param`1 param) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\EnsureThat\EnsureStringExtensions.cs:line 106
   at NzbDrone.Common.Extensions.PathExtensions.CleanFilePath(String path) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Extensions\PathExtensions.cs:line 33
   at NzbDrone.Common.Extensions.PathExtensions.PathEquals(String firstPath, String secondPath, Nullable`1 comparison) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Extensions\PathExtensions.cs:line 58
   at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.Checks.DownloadClientRootFolderCheck.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Check>b__0(RootFolder r) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\Checks\DownloadClientRootFolderCheck.cs:line 48
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.Checks.DownloadClientRootFolderCheck.Check() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\Checks\DownloadClientRootFolderCheck.cs:line 48

I have no clue - everything works, it seems - I have no clue why this is happening.

Are you running Sonarr as a service or tray app?

It seems to be an issue with your Remote Path Mapping
https://trash-guides.info/Sonarr/Sonarr-remote-path-mapping/

Service - and the part that I can’t process is the fact that I have the exact same settings (slightly modified directories as I have a TVHD and a moviesHD folder) and I don’t have the same issues with Radarr.

I’ve double checked, entered again the remote path, but nothing seems to fix it. I read through that guide and according to it, everything is correct.

I even changed the local path to use the IP address of my NAS, and exact same error.

Question though, do I need to drill down to the exact subdirectory for the download client, or…? Again, I just don’t understand how exactly the same settings, only difference is the directory name.

I just checked my folder permissions and, well:

drwxrwxrwx+ 2 XXX  users 4.0K Sep 27 20:14  moviesHD
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 XXX  users 4.0K Sep 20  2020  transmission
drwxrwxrwx+ 5 XXX  users 4.0K Sep 28 21:56  transmission-home
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 XXX  users 4.0K Sep 28 21:53  TV
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 XXX  users 4.0K Sep 27 20:50  TVHD

so… I’m confused.

EDIT: Actually, minor update. I removed the TVHD subdirectory and no errors. The second I add it back, same error.

10:56pm	DownloadClientRootFolderCheck	Unknown error occured in DownloadClientRootFolderCheck HealthCheck: value [/data/.TVHD] is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows Parameter name: path	
10:56pm	ArgumentValidator	value [/data/.TVHD] is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows

WTF?

So service you need to make sure it is running as a user with sufficient permissions

And then since you said the parent directory doesn’t have the error, it sounds like a permissions issue with the tvhd folder. So reapply permissions at that level as a troubleshooting step.

(also why does the error show the path as /. Tvhd and not just /tvhd?)

The park is what I’m most confused about. That’s where I’m thinking the issue lies. I have no .TVHD specified anywhere.

I deleted and recreated the folder, permissions the same as moviesHD, same error, same preceeding “.” before TVHD.

As for the permissions, I have Sonarr running under my administrator account again, same as Radarr. I redid the username and password, and tried again, exact same error.

So, here I am. Back at the start. With the same issue as soon as I try to drill down the directory.

I also tried to rename the directory to match Radarr, guess what error was thrown?

Unknown error occured in DownloadClientRootFolderCheck HealthCheck: value [/data/.TVHD]  is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows

The issue seems to be coming from the settings in the Transmission Download Client, changing the category there seems to be what messes with the log file.

Here’s a screenshot of my settings, one thing to note - there’s no URL Base option in Radarr, so i dunno.

Oh. I think you already figured out the answer yourself, and I missed it because I am not familiar with Remote Path Mapping.

You are not supposed to included the subdirectory.
" Remote Path => The download path that you’ve set in your download client."
So just whatever is set in Transmission as your download directory.

Ah okay, I’ll yank that out then

The weird thing, I have the subdirectory noted in radarr, in the exact same way, and it works with no errors.

I’m now wondering if that’s just a radarr problem?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.