Out of retention issues for recent episodes

I was just posting that I got it working after a restart, but now every show I try to grab yields an error that my provider’s retention has been exceeded. I have newshosting unlimited and set sonarr up the same way i did before when it was working.

Its either past the number of days you provider keeps around (2445 days for that plan) or they’ve been taken down (DMCA).

it’s a tv show that aired a week ago. i tried many different versions. any other ideas?

Its a WGN show.

Happy to hear the issue is resolved.

Please edit your posts instead of double posting.

Look up what DMCA means for usenet (reddit might have some good info), that is the reason why its failing, also the message at least in SAB is it’s possibly out of retention, as that was the most common reason for that error until a few years ago).

It was working fine for weeks, now after re-installing every file I try to download gives me the message in SAB “Download Failed - Out of your server’s retention?” Something’s gotta be wrong with the setup or something, but I can’t narrow it down.

Do you not have any block accounts setup?

Did you setup any value in “Retention time” im sabnzbd server settings for newshosting ? post a screenshot of your sabnbz settings for it

I don’t have block accounts setup - didn’t think I needed them. My retention is 0 in the server settings of SAB (what it was when it was working), and I read you shouldn’t have a value there. I think it might be a DMCA issue

yep so pretty much sure to be DCMA issue, you need to add block accounts on different usenet backbones to your current provider

i’m a little new to this, but how would that help? I have NZB and OMG added for my indexers, with unlimited newshosting.

in simple terms you have a block account/s so

any download from newshosting that isnt complete, sabnzbd will go off to your other provider/block account once its setup properly and get all the missing pieces, which will make your downloads complete

often for DCMA only small chunks are taken to break it, so those small chunks sabnbz can get elsewhere, so say you bought a 250GB block account from Astraweb or similar, that block might last a whole year for example.

heres an example, today ive downloaded about 283GB of old content, if i didnt have any block accounts a huge amount would have failed, since i do, almost all have succeeded, out of that 283GB, 249GB came from my main unlimited provider supernews, 32.8GB from Astraweb, 1.7GB from tweaknews and 4MB from blocknews.

How do you prevent the majority of content from coming out of your block accounts and make sure the main indexers are used as much as possible?

had to add this here as I can’t seem to add another reply as a new user. This is a follow up to the response to this post

ah, thanks. I have Newshosting. From everything I’m reading it seems like pairing it with a EU provider (like a Tweaknews block account (that has no auto-takedown) is the best. Is that right?

for Block accounts, you tick the box that says “backup server” when you add the login password etc in sabnzbd

obviously you make sure your primary one doesnt have “backup server” ticked.

Just fyi, Tweaknews is now a Highwinds property, as is Newshosting, so not really the best choice for a block account.