Nzbget: Mark deleted nzb's as failed

Hi,

Sometimes, I can see that an nzb will eventually fail.
If I manually delete it from my nzbget queue, sonarr does not notice that it has been deleted, even though it’s in the download queue. As a result, sonarr will not try to fetch another nzb.

So, the feature I’d like to see is implemented is for sonarr to mark a deleted nzb in either nzbget or sabnzbd as failed instead of ignoring it.

I think that would be a bit too much for sonarr to assume all deleted nzbs are failed. there are many cases where you would want to delete an Nzb and not because it’s failing.

maybe you don’t actually want the episode or you are running out of space I’m sure there are more reasons but these are the two I can think of right now.

We’re adding support for removing these items via Sonarr’s queue, which would properly treat them as removed instead of abandoned.

Whats the reason for removing them to begin with? Understanding the use case will help make sure we’re covering what we need to.

I don’t want to remove them from sonarr’s queue. I would like sonarr to be able to cancel a download and retry with a different nzb.

The reason for this is for downloading older episodes.
My use case is the following.

I’ve just added a new show that started airing 5 years ago. This show has many nzb’s available on indexers. Many of them have been taken down, but bits and pieces are found on different Usernet Service Providers (USP). Eventually they will fail, and sonarr will handle them properly.

So, if S01E01 fails, and if S01E02 is released by the same group as S01E01, then S01E02 is also likely to fail. And so, I would like to preemptively prevent nzbget from downloading the rest of the files that will fail, and just have sonarr send new nzbs.

This is important to me because even though the files will eventually fail to download, some pieces are being found on one of my USP blocks (not unlimited). So, if I could just cancel it immediately, I could save some data from prepaid block.

I’m talking about removing them from Activity -> Queue within Sonarr’s UI, they would still be monitored, so they still be available to be grabbed.

It has more to due with when they were DMCAd versus the release group, but I see where you’re coming from.

Unfortunately this is a pretty specific scenario that we can’t easily and reliably handle.