NZB Drone Post-Processor, end of file gets cut off when moving across network

Add my name to the list of users affected by this bug. I recently rebuilt my NAS and ever since the number of failures has shot up. To the point that I no longer trust Sonarr. My drives are shared over CIFS on ubuntu and are being written to from sab/sonarr running on Debian.

Helpfully, Sonarr marks the ‘failed’ transfers as purple because as far as it’s concerned it never receives a success flag from the OS that the transfer has completed successfully. It also doesn’t appear to receive a fail either so it never retries. In fact it can’t retry because the file has been unsuccessfully moved, not copied.

Would it be possible to change the move command to copy-verify-delete/retry? I appreciate that this will require more code but since this bug has been around for several years and no-one has ever identified a solution, there does not appear to be an alternative.

As it stands I’ve gone back to downloading missing files manually and bypassing Sonarr completely. Not ideal.

Not our bug.
Best solution is to just configure the smbclient differently, but I stopped investigating which config options were required coz it would be impossible to push a fix to anyone.

We did, but then it started affecting normal setups, so we reverted to the ‘verify-and-warn’ method.
But there’s a PR to detect whether a move is crossing mounts, and uses copy only in that case. Still just a workaround.

NFS instead of CIFS.

Between this issue and the kernel native crashes I’m sick of dealing with OS-related issues. bye

Let me translate that into Professional for you.

“We don’t get paid to update Sonarr and there are just too many OS related issues out there to fix them all. The best solution we can offer is for you to switch from CIFS shares to NFS. Sorry we can’t be of more help.”

Sometimes I just get a tad fed up when dealing with the same thing over and over again, esp if it’s beyond our control.
There are several threads discussing the underlying issue, our attempts to work around it, and the alternatives.
Even in this very thread someone mentions NFS as alternative, so I was a bit annoyed when you said there weren’t any.

Total linux newb here. I have same problem. I see in a few threads where it says try NFS vs. cifs. My question is, what is the working solution? I have tried several NFS mount lines in fstab to no avail. All come back with “root access required to mount” even tried using nouser or users or guest as username. cifs is working as users and/or guest, but get the cutoff end of episode thing. Any advice on actual working solution would be appreciated.

Is there a step by step guide to get NFS mount working with sonarr? Appreciate the help.