Not upgrading with preferred words

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.7.1477
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):6.8.0.105
Debug logs: https://pastebin.pl/view/0679108c (debug logs right after manual search)

Description of issue:
New instalation of sonarr, i manually downloaded the file i wanted with the interactive search, but then sonarr replaced it with a worse version.
Imgur
Search rejects the correct file because “Existing file on disk is of equal or higher preference: HDTV-1080p v2 - English”.
These are my profiles.
Imgur
Imgur
And this is what apears when i do an interactive search.
Imgur

Thank you in advance

V2 is a proper

Presumably you have prefer proper and repacks enabled.

Also why are you not storing your quality in your file names? That’s a problem if sonarr ever loses track of the file or you need to reimport. It’s irreplaceable metadata. Resolution isn’t needed since it’s a property of the file itself.

the first preferred word entry has hvec instead of hevc so thats going to cause you issues as well

im not sure if the preferred word score is remembered/kept or if its regenerated from the filename so you need to keep that in mind and possibly ensure that theres enough in your filename format for it to recalculate?

you can still download any file that has a red exclamation mark against it in a manual search - although if its a torrent (same hash) youve previously downloaded then i dont think sonarr will re-import it (so make sure you edit the job in your download client after it starts and remove the sonarr category so sonarr doesnt process it - then import it manually)

the logs for the manual search wont show anything as it doesnt overly care about the preferred word score. youd need the logs from the time it did the grab (4:55am) as that will show you the preferred word scores for the current file and the one its potentially going to grab

Thank you, it was indeed because of having the “Prefer and Upgrade” option selected.
Also that rename was made before i changed the naming format, i do have the quality in the file name, but thanks.

Thanks for the heads up, i would never have noticed that.
Yeah i have the preferred words in the filename and I know that you can dowload it manually, i just wanted it to download the correct one automatically.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.