Not matching episode correctly possible XEM issue?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.3.896

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):

Debug logs:
Results when searching for S07E04
https://pastebin.com/46y7TT22

(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)

Description of issue: Not detecting the correct episodes, I believe this might be an XEM issue.

So far I’ve only noticed this with Paw Patrol Season 7, it also only seems to be an issue when trying to download those episodes, if I manually grab them and let sonarr rename the files then everything seems fine, but if I manually search I don’t get the correct results and if I manually download but add the sonarr label so it detects the episode, it will detect the wrong episode numbers during the download process and incorrectly rename it.

For example, when downloading

S07E01E02 is being mistaken as S07 E01, E02, E03 and E04.

S07E03 is being mistaken for E05 and E06.

When I manually search for episodes I get the following results.

Episodes 3 and 4 will only show E01E02,
Episodes 5 and 6 will show episodes from seasons 1,2,3 and S07E03.
Episode 7 shows episodes for season 1,2,3,4 and S07E04E05
Episodes 8 and 9 shows episodes for season 1,2,3 and 4
Episode 10 will only show S07E06E07

When that happens, yes it is an XEM issue. There are a few shows that are quite a pain in the ass because (ive mentioned this a few times but it is always dismissed) they ARE CORRECT WHEN DOWNLOADED AND THEN JACKED ALL UP BY SONARR (by way of XEM since it is forced and you cant over ride the shit for automation) :slight_smile:

Only thing you can do is manually import them and assign them yourself & hope it doesn’t overwrite what you had before (because of the XEM maps) as that leads to other issues in its self. If you dont have yours set to use a recycle bin you have also now lost the previous ones and will have to re-find & re-download them and re-manually import them too. Been through that sonarr dance a few times unfortunately.

1 Like

The issue itself is only during the download process as sonarr is detecting those episodes incorrectly at that point. So when you manually add those files to the folder and get sonarr to scan, it detects the correct episodes and renames them appropriately, but to prevent future issues I marked the series as unmonitored lol. Thank you for clarifying :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.