Non english subs on anime

Version 2.0.0.5344
Mono Version 5.18.0.240
pi@pi-tor2:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“10”

Description of issue:
Sonnar is mostly working fine for me, the issue I’m having on when it gets animi I keep ending up with chinease subtititles instead of english. I’m not sure how to control for that…? Idealy I would like to control for the sub group as well (like only get subplease releases… Not sure how to do that either?
I have typicaly public indexers Toykyo tosh ect. I also have jacket setup to proxy.
It’s working for english shows fine but for anime I keep having to go find and redown load with english subs, kind of defeating the purpose :).
Help?

V2 is end of life unsupported, please upgrade to v3 or even v4 beta at this point.

Then you can use tags and release profiles to accomplish what you want.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/settings#tags

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/settings#release-profiles

Thanks I’ll take a look at those links. I have no idea why mine isn’t staying current. It’s at the auto update…

Full version upgrade is manual. Version update within same version can be set to auto.

Ah well ok then, it was nerve racking but I managed to upgrade with zero issues :p.
Version

Package Version

3.0.9 by Team Sonarr

Mono Version

AppData directory

/var/lib/sonarr

Startup directory

/usr/lib/sonarr/bin

I’m looking over the links but I’m not sure I get it: Could I trouble you for example of how I might enforce getting english subs, or enforce using getting the releases done [SubsPlease] for example? I’m not quite seeing how to put it togather… Thanks!

Okay I maybe sort of figured it out? There perhaps there is a better way way.
went to setting release profiles, made to item name subrules
added prefered /(HorribleSubs|SubsPlease|SallySubs)/i score 250
(note I think horriblesubs is gone but whaterver).
I made a tag engsubs
I set this to use tokoyo tosh
I went to anime and added the tag
trigged a DL
It seemed to be correctly grabbing a subplease release from the right tracker.

1 Like

Linking a release profile with preferred words will lead to duplicate grabs, which sounds like what you did here, but otherwise it looks correct.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.