No longer moving, or renaming, downloads

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.8.1548
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.122
Debug logs: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/wGbJRBf7TJ/
Description of issue: Sonarr is no longer renaming, or moving, downloaded files. I utilize NZBGet, and have a category set up correctly both in NZBGet and selected in Sonarr.

A file will download completely, to the categories destination directory, but in Sonarr’s queue it will show as in progress still, but with no time remaining.

I did do a relatively recent reinstall of Sonarr (middle of last month) as I had a failed upgrade that bricked the software.

Radarr and Readarr are set up on the same box, same settings (different categories), and both have been working flawlessly for over a year, as had Sonarr before it quite renaming and moving my downloads.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Cheers…

• fix your broken networking and dns that is preventing sonarr from getting any series updates from skyhoook
  • what’s not clear about the error? The user and group you’ve configured sonarr to run has cannot see nor access the path. Thus sonarr will not work.
2022-08-10 12:43:29.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/The.Orville.S03E10.Future.Unknown.1080p.DSNP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder
2022-08-10 12:43:29.3|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/The.Orville.S03E09.720p.WEB.H264-KOGi. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

That also doesn’t seem to be a valid windows path?

bakerboy, I appreciate your reply. Those errors were generated as I was messing with NZBGet’s destination folder, and rebuilding the TV category I utilize. The categories destination folder is actually /Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/TV/(downloaded shows folder). Which yes, are not valid windows paths as it is a MacOS box.

In an attempt to duplicate the error to see if the system is still looking for files in the wrong folder, or if it is a permissions error, I deleted the previous downloads from the example of my original post and downloaded two new episodes. I am unable to trigger a similar error in the logs. Which is to say the new downloaded files get placed in the proper NZBget category destination folder, but it does not get renamed, it does not get moved to the root folder set in Sonarr, and it does not generate a similar error in the sonarr.txt log folder which I originally posted in the Pastebin. This is the log entries from today new downloads https://pastebin.com/Z1WKxz9k

Checking the permissions for the file structure of the destination folder that NZBget downloads to, the permissions and user and group are the same as the folders that Radarr uses without issue.

which is the same as the folders NZBget is creating in the destination directory of TV

Here is how the category in NZBget is set up

How the NZBget is setup in Sonarr

File management settings in Sonarr

And the episode naming settings in Sonarr

Again, all of this worked for well over a year, I’m 90% positive it worked as well for a bit after I reinstalled last month, but now I’m dealing with this. I’ve made no network changes, and to reiterate Radarr and Readarr continue to work fine on the same box.

I am open to all suggestions and advice as it most likely is something simple I have messed up but can not seem to see.

Sonarr is not Radarr nor Readarr they are completely different applications and Sonarr runs under a completely different framework.

So if it suddenly stopped working, what did you change and the answer is not nothing. If nothing changed then it wouldn’t have stopped working.

Info logs are useless for debugging…not sure why they’re provided when the forum post template and wiki are very clear otherwise.

2022-08-11 10:36:29.3|Warn|Nzbget|[The.Old.Man.S01E07.720p.WEB.H264-PLZPROPER] Error occurred while trying to delete data from '/Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/TV/The.Old.Man.S01E07.720p.WEB.H264-PLZPROPER'.

[v3.0.9.1555] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/TV/The.Old.Man.S01E07.720p.WEB.H264-PLZPROPER' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

What’s possibly unclear about the error? It looks like nzbget can no longer delete / access that folder

bakerboy, again, thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated.

Regarding the snippet from the log in your reply:

garding the snippet of the log from your post: `Access to the path '/Users/Pete/Downloads/complete/TV/The.Old.Man.S01E07.720p.WEB.H264-PLZPROPER' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Operation not permitted

I manually deleted that directory. I had downloaded it as a troubleshooting test and the results were the same…not renamed, not moved…so I deleted it which caused the logged error.

Regarding “what did you change and the answer is not nothing” I’m sure you are correct. As stated earlier I did reinstall Sonarr in about a month ago when an update failed. The result of that failure being the application being unlaunchable. To be clear when I reinstalled it was the application, the original db and settings remained. As I mentioned in my last post, I am 90% sure it was working fine post reinstall, but life has been quite intense and busy since and I can not be 100% certain that is a true statement.

Regardless if anyone has advice on how to track down the issue I am all ears…

Cheers

Thanks to all who read the post above, and to bakerboy for replying. I tossed in the towel and deleted all to start again with a fresh install. Currently up and running perfectly.

Cheers…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.