No Fanart or Season Posters downloading

2.0.0.5338:
Windows 10:
Fanart/Season Posters not downloading:

Hello everyone. Recently Sonarr has decided it will no longer download fanart or posters for new seasons of shows that are either new, or even shows that it has been grabbing for a few years. The mediacover folders for the last 2 new shows Sonarr has grabbed are just empty.

Showing these errors for most shows when it’s trying to grab any media images. Everything else is working normally though:

19-11-17 23:15:29.4|Warn|MediaCoverService|Couldn't download media cover for [360733][Watchmen]. The operation has timed out
19-11-17 23:15:29.5|Info|MediaCoverService|Downloading Banner for [360733][Watchmen] https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/5daddd383f070.jpg
19-11-17 23:17:09.5|Warn|HttpClient|Failed to get response from: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/5daddd383f070.jpg The operation has timed out

Issue has persisted through to even a few minutes ago. Thanks for any help.

I’m able to view that image directly in Chrome, tough to say why Sonarr is timing out, but it’s almost certainly on TheTVDB’s side or perhaps CloudFront since that seems to be the CDN their using.

Welcome to the result of their V3 api change at tvdb… The list is ongoing and growing of things that dont work. However there is nothing you can do about it as Sonarr is reliant on tvdb and ONLY tvdb so you’re SOL bud until tvdb fixes everything yet again.

Such a great featureset (Sonarr) being bottlenecked and made to look broken so often because of the forced usage of tvdb but in all fairness it is by choice so…

1 Like

The Crazy thing is that if you go to the link Sonarr shows in the logs, the image is there. I’m literally getting no images on ANY new shows I add and most new seasons of shows that have been fine until now. Everything is blank, but going to the link in the logs, the image is actually there. So we’re just screwed for now?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.