Newbie here, not seeing drives

Sonarr version (exact version): **
linuxserver.io version:- 3.0.6.1342-ls133 Build-date:- 2022-02-08T14:42:13+01:00
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Running in portainer
Openmedia Vault
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
I cannot get the program to pick up my drives that I told it to look at for downloading the shows. This is my first time messing with sonarr and I watched a youtube video to get started. any help would be much appreciated

![sonarr setup|690x320](upload://vSawKFjS7KK74QMI051Wgv9MQCt.png)

Forget everything the youtube video told you - unless you enjoy permissions issues, nothing importing, double space for all torrents, and a generally bad experience.

redo your setup and don’t ever use portainer for setting up docker as it causes nothing but problems - also every youtube video out there except Ibracorp’s does docker wrong and will result in you having double space for all torrents, slow imports for usenet, HDD abuse with unnecessary copies, inconsistent paths resulting in nothing ever importing, and a generally huge headache because nothing works.

redo your setup from the beginning -
https://trash-guides.info/hardlinks/

PS your picture did not upload at all

ok I have got it to see my drives, installed transmission, now it will download a show but says the following:

• No files found are eligible for import in /downloads/complete/Beyond.Oak.Island.S02E06.The.Search.for.the.San.Saba.Mine.720p.WEB.h264-KOMPOST[rarbg]

When I go to this folder the file is there. Both are running on my openmediavault device.

I have the following set up.
volumes:
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Music/AppData/sonarr:/config
- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2e902b85-c90d-4d96-b325-fe5a2f7fca2c/TVSHOWS:/tv
- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Music/sonarrdownloads/complete:/downloads

I have no idea what i am doing but i have a drive that has all my tv shows that emby looks in. And i want sonarr to download my shows i tell it to and transport them there. is this even possible?

Thank you all for the help

based on your setup and ignoring the link previously provided - it seems you enjoy permissions issues, nothing importing, double space for all torrents, and a generally bad experience.

best of luck since you seem to desire a non-functional setup.

besides your poor paths that are the most likely cause - if there are no files to import - then there are no video files in the folder.
likely https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/troubleshooting#packed-torrents

Ok first off I did try to follow the link you provided. So I tried to put it on windows. Since I know windows. But still had no luck. I do not know how to use docker without portianer. How about instead of being snarky, walk me through the terminology. I do appreciate the link and I am still trying to figure this out.

Ok first off I did try to follow the link you provided.

with the paths you provided you did not make any attempt in anyway whatsoever to follow the guide.
Please show where trash’s guide says to have /downloads and /tv.

again - portainer should not be used because it is a complete piece of shit for docker container setup and fucks up everything as stated on trash’s guide and the docker guide

using portainer also means you’ll have issues talking between containers as well

https://wiki.servarr.com/docker-guide

That came from docker/sonarr page. And when I go to the folder specified there is a video file that was downloaded. Under compose.

this is no docker sonarr page - the Sonarr team does not maintain any docker containers - third parties do.

I’ll assume LSIO’s - which means you just didn’t read their readme

Since you refuse to follow directions and can’t read - I’d suggest hoping someone else comes by to help you learn how to read and follow basic guides - cause I’m out

good luck; half fun

I don’t refuse. I don’t understand it. There is a big damn difference.

And yet you made 0 effort to attempt to follow it so clearly you didn’t even make any attempt to read it.

Again - where does it say to have /downloads and /tv?

The whole point is to have two mounts e.g. /config and /data and that those mounts are consistent across containers

Every person that doesn’t understand something has specific targeted questions as to what isn’t understood…so based on your failure to be able to understand basic plain English and diagrams and literal step by step tutorials - it’s clear you never actually read it or made an effort to follow it. Skimming it is not reading it.

Docker can be extremely complex for some people and some users just give up and switch to Netflix because they can’t be bothered to spend the months reading the same thing over and over again until it’s understood.

For most - it takes a few hours and a few read throughs for it to finally click.

And again - where in trash’s guide or the docker guide does anything tell you to have /tv or /downloads?

I’ll put in as much effort to help you as you will into solving your issue - which appears to be negative effort at this point - you’re wasting peoples time.

If you don’t understand it - it still makes 0 sense why you’re doing the exact complete opposite of what it says and have made 0 effort to make any attempt to try to follow it…nor have you asked any questions around it.

How do I know you didn’t bother to actually read it? Because there is a docker example that you completely ignored.

Well there is a thing called you don’t know what you know. I don’t know how to ask the right questions obviously. So do I ssh into my open media vault and start typing away. I know virtually nothing about Linux. Everything I have done has been with the help of YouTube and forums, from install, making the different shared folders, to installing Emby through portainer. I am sorry if you think I am wasting your time. This is not the case. When I read over trash write up it goes way over my damn head. And on his write up it has ( what looks to be a stack) on there. So I figured the docker/ sonarr was a good thing to follow. Again I’m sorry if u think I am wasting your time. It is not my intentions.

Why not run it on windows - presumably an OS you know - rather than following garbage YouTube videos and trying to learn 3 extremely complex things at the same time: sonarr, docker, and Linux.

That’s like jumping right into a full engine rebuild without knowing how to change a tire or where the oil goes.

And why ignore trash’s guide recommend to use dockstarter if you don’t know docker…?

I did have sonarr on windows but my drives are on open media vault. And I would not transfer once downloaded to my tv show directory so Emby can pick it up. Can I use dock starter on open media vault. Trash’s guide keeps saying ubuntu, is this what open media vault is?

Sounds like you didn’t mount the drives to windows and they weren’t accessible or you didn’t read the windows installation instructions and were running sonarr as a service so it couldn’t access network drives

No idea if OMV does anything weird like many other OSes to know if they break things - but dockstarter is not restricted to ubuntu

ok I just installed sonarr using the dockstarter. but now I do not understand how I get it to see my existing tvshow media that I have for emby. Can you advise on how to do this. When i go into sonarr it does not even see the drives where the tvshows are loacted only the /storage file. btw i am using putty to ssh into the machine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.