New Series: Doctor Doctor

Added new Australian show Doctor Doctor, but couldn’t see anywhere to explain the problem. Unsuprisingly Sonarr is confusing it with Doctor, Doctor, the old Matt Frewer sitcom from 1989. It finds the show, but when I tried to add the show it just added the first season episode details in the old shows page.

Those series titles are considered the same to Sonarr (punctuation doesn’t matter when matching titles). If the old series is released with the same name you’re going to have a problem that we can’t solve though.

I don’t understand what issue you’re having here, do you have both series added to Sonarr? (That will cause issues, though it will likely fail to add the series due to the slugs and clean titles being the same).

I tried adding the new series, but instead of creating a new entry Sonarr changed the episode details for the first season of the old one.

Try removing both and only adding the new one, this is likely causes by the titles being too similar (both would end up with the same slug of doctor-doctor and the clean title for both would be doctordoctor and it would cause issues matching to the correct series.

Did this and it added the new one OK. Of course, now I don’t have the old one…

I assume someone will figure out they need to change the listing name of the new show, so I’ll just wait for that.

TVDB has changed the new series to Doctor Doctor (2016). Unfortunately the scene has decided to use Doctor Doctor (AU), so Sonarr isn’t picking it up. Can anything be done from Sonarr’s end or does TVDB have to make an alt name?

This is covered in the ((FAQ)). https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ#why-cant-sonarr-import-episode-files-for-series-x--why-cant-sonarr-find-releases-for-series-x

There is also a sticky thread here about it:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.