New install of Sonarr moving to show folder but not the season #

Sonarr version (Version
2.0.0.5338)
:
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Windows 2010, version 1903, build 18362.476:
I can’t see a way to save them to a file:
Description of issue:
I just installed Sonarr, fresh install. I imported my stuff from what I was previously using using the add series, and it all imported successfully. It’s even downloading and moving files. My issue is, it just moves the files to the TV Show folder, not the specific season the episodes belong in. Like, it will download TVShow1 and move it into TVShow1’s folder where my Plex is, but it won’t put it in the TVshow1\Season 1 folder.

I’m pretty sure I’m just missing a setting or there’s a wildcard I can set somewhere, but I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what’s the best way to remove files once they are moved to the new location and my seeding numbers have been met? Is there a way to set that up in Sonarr or do I have to do that through my torrent client?

Thanks!

I’m also having an issue that I can’t get it to recognize Sword Art Online season 2 - 4. It recognizes season 1 just fine, and everything is named exactly the same. I’ve tried to delete and re-import from my files twice, it always finds season 1 but never any after that. Any ideas?

They’re already in files if you’re looking at the log files.

Make sure your naming format has a season folder in it or season folders are enabled. This sounds like your download client is putting files there and Sonarr is not able to import for some reason.

They need to have unique series wide absolute episode numbers they can’t have absolute episode numbers that start at season 1 for each season.

My download client dumps everything to a single downloads folder. It’s not moving anything. I used to have a powershell script I wrote to move evertyhing into it’s own folders but I had a weird hard drive issue and I lost the folder where I kept that script, so now I’m trying to set this up instead of trying to recreate something that took me a year of tweaking to get perfect.

Here’s a link to my log files. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T2cWAUn4qe6cYjDL5StHgy80cdzXy5hq/view?usp=sharing

The naming format is exactly the same, and the folder structure is exactly the same for everything it finds, it just won’t find seasons 2 and 3 of Sword Art Online, which makes no sense, I’ve pointed it specifically to the top folder where the season folders are, and it sees season 1, just not the others.

You need to enable debug logging.

What does Sonarr show in Activity: Queue for downloads that aren’t importing?

Again, debug logs will help here, but how are they named?

Here’s the debug logs. There’s another issue now where it won’t even touch Legion season 2, even though I manually downloaded all of the episodes and already moved them into the season folder. It wouldn’t grab the episodes when they were downloaded and it still won’t see them when I’ve manually moved them into the proper folder and structure.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kwes686x804tcq/Logs2.zip?dl=0

For Sword Art Online, this is how they are named per season:
[HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online - 01 [1080p]
[HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online II - 01 [1080p]
[HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online - Alicization - 01 [1080p]
[HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online - Alicization - War of Underworld - 01 [1080p]

Plex sees all the seasons and episodes, and grabs the art for each season without issue.

That won’t work with Sonarr, each season needs to follow TVDB’s absolute numbering, which does not reset per season. With that naming Sonarr will treat each 01 file as season 1 episode 1.

In the logs which release should I be looking at to see the import process? I did a couple searches, but didn’t see any imports.

I’ll try to rename the SAO stuff.

As for the other stuff, that’s one of the new issues. I only had season 1 of Legion when I set up Sonarr, and when I imported the series from my hard drive it went out and grabbed a bunch of season 3 stuff, but nothing of season 2. I gave it over a week, and ended up manually downloading season 2 episodes. Even manually downloading them, it never once tried to move them into the season 2 folder, or even the Legion TV folder. I had to do everything manually. I was hoping the debug logs would give a clue as to why it chose to just skip season 2.

And, is there a way to ever delete the source files? I’d like it to seed to a certain point and then stop and delete the files, but I can’t find a way to do that, and I can’t configure qbittorrent to do it or else Sonarr complains and won’t connect to the client anymore.

Sonarr only searches for releases if a download fails or you tell it to search, otherwise it’s only going to pick up what it finds on RSS feeds. The only way to tell why it didn’t grab something would be to see it on the feed and see a rejection reason, otherwise it’s impossible to say whether it never saw it or it saw it and rejected it.

In v3 you can tell Sonarr to set a seeding limit per indexer which will tell your client to set that limit when the torrent is added, some of that logic may exist in v2.

Another episode of a show was left sitting in my downloads folder and was never moved, and even when the indexer was set to 1 minute it was still seeding all night.
I don’t understand how people are using this without any issues, there seems to be tons of issues and bugs.

Here are the latest logs. There were 2 shows that it did see downloaded, it grabbed them, and put them in the show’s folder, but not the show’s season # inside the show’s folder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m60ummlnxwuhi0n/Logs3.zip?dl=0

Do people leave this running and just have it dump every episode into 1 folder without organizing it?

Which release didn’t import?
What does it say in Activity: Queue for the release?

Which releases were those? So I can find them in the logs…

Some people probably do, but the majority doesn’t.

Mr. Robot 4x10 and Flash 6x09 were the 2 this morning. Both files now say the flie was deleted in the history of the activity section, but they are the 2 this morning that Sonarr downloaded them, and copied them to the TV show folder, but I had to move them into the TV Show/Season # folder manually.

It looks like Use Season Folder is not enabled for those series, which would mean Sonarr would not include it when renaming (I see it renaming in the logs though).

That’s exactly the setting that I think I’m missing. I found the setting, is there an easy way to set it globally or do I have to go through each series at this point?

In v3, the Mass Editor can do that, I guess in v2 also. In v2 the mass editor is a button at the top when you are in the main view with all series.

Awesome, thank you both of you, I got it working pretty decently now. I still can’t get it to actually remove any downloads from the client or from the hard drive. It would be nice to set it up so a day or 2 after it copies the show to it’s folder it will remove the file from the source.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.