New HDD/root folder

Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.4472
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):4.6.2
Description of issue: What is the proper way to move to a new HDD? When my original TVShows hard drive got full I bought another one and changed the root folder for all shows to the new HDD. The problem with that is that now I have some episodes showing up as not on the disk, because they are on the old “root folder”. Sonaar sproadically downloads an entire season of a show, but only on the ones that I didn’t have that season before…
So example: “The 100”, had Season 3 on HHD1 but not any other seasons before that. HDD got full, bought a new one, changed the root folder to HDD2, Sonaar downloaded season 1 and 2 because it did not see those seasons with the new root folder.
I am sure I am doing something wrong.I am sure there is an easier way. I am sure there is a box I dont have checked. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

If you point the series at a new folder you probably want to unmonitor old episodes or they will be redownload if seen or split your series so the entire series lives on a single drive.

Using something to do drive pooling is the easiest way to expand storage without dealing with balancing things on your own though. You may also be able to symlink things into one location so it appears as one location to Sonarr.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.