Multiple torrents of the same episode

A double has appeared. Now I can see the trace log of the error occurring both the existing torrent and the newly acquired torrent appear. Does that mean that Sonarr is communicating with transmission correctly?

Not sure what you mean.

Were either imported by Sonarr?
Do they show in Sonarr’s queue?

Sonarr got both torrents and both appear in Sonarr’s queue.

Those are different qualities, what is the cutoff in your quality profile? If its not the lowest quality in the accepted list you would get better qualities grabbed when available.

I believe it to be the default. I don’t remember changing it. Is there any way I can reset the settings quality without affecting other settings? Or even reset all the setting but keep my tv shows and related settings?

No, neither is possible.

Is this the profile thats attached to the series?
What did the debug logs show when the second release was grabbed?

Yeah, it’s the profile attached to the series.

Was waiting for the error to occur again. The below has happened. The same episode twice, both the same quality too. I’ve got the debug log that contains the info about top gear. What am I looking for?

How far apart are those grabs? Are they more than 12 hours? If its more than 12 hours and Sonarr wasn’t able to see the original grab in its queue (which it gets from the download client) then it would grab it. The logs should show Sonarr processing the item, checking if the existing file meets the cutoff, if there is one in the queue that meets that cutoff, etc.

Are Sonarr and your download client on the same machine?
Why can’t Sonarr import the files? I believe thats the crux of your problem.

What do you mean by sonarr importing the files?

Sonarr needs to import files to know they are available, as it sits right now it isn’t, so either it needs to be able to or turn off Completed Download Handling and use Manual Import to import when you want to.

Yeah, but import in what way? It finds the torrents and imports them to my torrent client, and when the download is done it imports to my TV folder. What else does it need to import that it currently isn’t?

Sonarr isn’t importing them into the TV folder, otherwise there would be a record in history. If something else is sorting them it should to tell Sonarr to rescan the series folder, though Sonarr should discover it within 12 hours of it being there as it will rescan the folder twice a day on its own.

I can assure you they are being imported to my TV folder. Renamed and placed in the correct folder.

By what? Its not Sonarr according to the history.

It is Sonarr. I have no other program managing my TV shows. I don’t have my torrents autodownload. I launch my torrent app and get my torrents in one batch. Sonarr then renames them and puts them in my TV folder. I remove the duplicates from the torrent app first.

Is Sonarr always importing them or its only able to import them periodically? Based on the history screenshot above there isn’t an episode file on disk that Sonarr imported from the download client and if they were more than 12 hours apart (you never confirmed that), then that explains why it was grabbed.

If Sonarr isn’t able to import after the download currently, you’ll need to make sure Sonarr is able to import things as they are downloaded or disable Completed Download Handling and use Manual Import or Drone Factory (Until its removed in v3) to do the importing it.

I have Sonarr and the Transmission daemon start with Windows and Sonarr obviously does its thing - going about getting torrents and adding them to Transmission. Then when I want to download them I do so, ensuring there’s no duplicate torrents first and only downloading each episode once. Once they’ve been downloaded and are seeding, Sonarr copies and renames the files to my TV folder. I don’t have the option to “Download Propers” on.

Once an episode is downloaded, renamed and copied, Sonarr doesn’t get the torrent again. It’s just getting multiple torrents for the same episodes before I actually download it. Understandable if I had the “Download Propers” option on, but I don’t

How is Sonarr importing them? ((Debug logs)) should show it being imported, in your case copying or hardlinking if they are seeding torrents.

I have “Use Hardlinks instead of Copy” set to yes.

And that shows up in the logs? Post the ((debug logs)) of an import to hastebin and we can take a look.