Multiple folders for the same show

I am having an issue where my shows that are downloaded are in separate folders like so…Capture

Those aren’t coming from Sonarr. Sonarr only has one folder for the series. If you added a series that you already had on disk by adding a new series instead of importing the existing series and the series folder name was different Sonarr would create a new folder when it was time to import something. The same is true if you changed the path in Sonarr and didn’t rename the folder on disk or vice-versa.

It also looks like you’re mixing sorted and unsorted files in the same directory (given the folder for a specific Star Trek episode), you should have your download client save them to a different folder and have Sonarr import from there.

This is happening by itself, I have never had star trek discovery and added it to sonarr which was downloaded some are sent to sab and some to rtorrent and end up in differently named folders

Do you have TV sorting enabled in SAB?

This looks like something else is trying to sort the release to one folder and your download client is dropping completed files in the root folder instead of a separate folder.

First check the folder Sonarr is set to put files for those series, that is the only folder that should be there, then combine all the files from the other folders into that folder and rescan/rename if necessary, and remove the other duplicate folders. Finally check your settings in SAB and rtorrent, neither should put anything in that root folder, either automatically when complete or via sorting (disable any series sorting in those download clients).

Could you help me out to where i’d look to see if sab or rtorrent is sorting them ? I’m a novice so as much description as you can if you don’t mind matey

For SAB, it’s in Config: Sorting. Not sure if rtorrent has sorting, but you’ll need to check the output directories for it and SAB (Config: Folders and Config: Categories).

I can confirm that in Sab tv sorting is enabled, should this not be on and if so; why not?

It not should be, that’s why you’re getting duplicate folders, because it doesn’t use the exact same format Sonarr is using, it also means Sonarr doesn’t have the original folder and file name when it tries to import the file, which is stored for later use useful if you wanted to get subtitles or rename the files back to their original name.

Sonarr warns when sorting is enabled and you try to add SAB (unless of course it’s enabled after SAB has been added to Sonarr).

Should not be :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely should not be, thanks for catching that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.